Chapter 22~ lies

A hurricane of emotions racked my brain as I went back to my dorm. I hated him. Part of me didn't. I needed him on my side. I didn't want to play any more games. I didn't want to play this game!

I felt dizzy, there was to much spinning through my mind, to many things to figure out. It just was not a good day for me, it'd been weird and confusing and overall just shitty. But being me I couldn't just walk back to my dorm to sleep it off. Instead I felt myself slam into a wall, ripping me out of my thoughts and back to my surroundings. The wall, however, hugged me.

Raising my eyes, I found myself staring into familiar eyes of a brighter blue than corn flowers. Will's eyes.

"Hey," Will greeted warmly, not bothering to step back and instead pulling me even closer in a comforting hug.

"Hi," I murmured, letting everything drain away for the second and burying my face and my troubles in his chest as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Everything ok? You look stressed." Will stated, but I didn't answer and kept my face buried in his chest breathing in his calming scent. His sweatshirt smelled like cinnamony cologne.

Slowly I nodded my head against him, but still kept silent because I couldn't risk telling him anything and putting him in danger. I cared about him too much to risk it in any way.

He pulled back, his strikingly blue eyes searching mine and filled with concern, "what's wrong?"

Inhaling sharply, I looked toward the floor, hating the fact that I had to lie to protect him, "just a lot of projects and feeling like I'm not really connecting to any of my class mates."

"Aw I'm sorry," he frowned sympathetically, "well you're connected with me, Larissa and Dan at least."

Yeah, more so with Dan then I ever would've thought. I nodded, trying to look agreeable but failing miserably as I was overwhelmed by my day once again.

Will reeled me in again, kissing my forehead gently, "come on, I'll walk you to your dorm."

/*\*/*\*/*\*/

Cold air swept over my already frozen face as I stood by the edge of the court yard thinking through what to do. I'd run into May this morning and she pinned me against a wall. I instinctively grabbed for the gun Jett had given me but remembered what I'd agreed to with Carter. So I rushed on before she could try to strangle me or something, I offered to her to make an alliance.

She immediately refused.

So I kept pushing it and trying again and again till I'd annoyed her to the point that she agreed to meet and talk about it solely for sake of shutting me up. If the shiny metal of the pistol hadn't caught her eye, I would no doubt already be strangled to death. But she had gotten the sense I didn't wanna shoot but would if I had to and I refused to be silent till she agreed in someway.

All May had told me was to meet at the edge of the courtyard at noon and if I tried anything she'd kill me.

Yet another lovely start to a day.

Leaning against a tree in the frigid air I continuously peeked at the time as it inched toward noon. I hadn't contacted Carter, I figured I should gain her trust a bit more so that we'd even have the chance to get her alone and off guard.