Chapter 14~ prisoner

☯ Alec's POV ☯
I spun the wheel hard to the right, narrowly avoiding a crossing pedestrian.

"Sorry!" I yelled out the window to the terrified bystander as we sped past.

The group of scary fast "people", I wasn't quite sure what they were anymore, was still hot on our tails and gaining.

Flooring the gas, I pushed my vintage car to its maximum speed limits of around 200 mph. For a moment I thought we'd outrun the workers, I yanked the wheel twisting around a corner, but slammed on my breaks as I saw the barricade of people engulfing the entirety of the street.

"Oh shit." I mumbled as I realized the workers had somehow gotten in front of us. Shifting gear, I started to go backward when the car shook from the force of something ramming the tailgate.

I glanced in the mirror, spotting original guy who'd been chasing belle all day. His hands were firmly planted on the back of my car, somehow preventing it from moving backward.

"Alec drive!" Chris yelled from the passenger seat.

"Don't you think I'm trying!" I screamed back, still trying to get my car to move back, "what the hell is up with that guy?! No ones that strong!"

Chris's gaze snapped toward the rear windshield, his eyes widening in shock as he spotted the man holding back an entire car with his bare hands.

"What the hell!" Chris yelled in alarm, "how?!?"

"I wish I knew!" I agreed, switching gear again and sending the car roaring forward.

Closing my eyes, I headed right for the line of abnormally fast workers, hoping I could somehow bust through with enough speed.

Feeling the car accelerate, I hoped that this would work.

A shock wave crashed through my body as the car slammed into a hard, unbreakable obstacle. Groaning, I opened my eyes to see the wall of workers standing stone still, unaffected by the car that had just slammed into them at full speed.

My jaw dropped in sheer disbelief until my door was wrenched open by the guy who I now assumed was the leader of these things.

"Give us the girl, or we take her!" He demanded, though it sounded more like two of the same thing.

"No way in hell!" Chris yelled back, reaching across me to punch the guy square in the face.

The man hardly blinked, instead restating his demand, "hand her over!"

I glanced back at belle, who was currently unconscious and wondered why they wanted her so much. What was it about her?

As I was stuck in thought for a brief moment, the man slammed my door shut, yanking open the back seat one and scooping up belle.

"NO!" Chris screamed, shoving open his door and charging at the man.

The guy dodged easily giving Chris a scornful look, "your kind is weak."

Chris screamed and ran at the guy, who sidestepped with a raised eyebrow as if asking, is that all you got?

He taking Annabelle, began to limber away, carrying her with him. Chris ran after him, desperate not to lose her. As he was about to reach the man, they suddenly disappeared. All the workers, the guy and belle. Vanished into thin air.

❣Annabelle's POV❣

I blinked my eyes open, the blurriness of my vision clearing. Glancing around, I noticed the change in scenery. Around me, the room was filled with mysterious equipment that was somehow familiar.