Chapter 15~ welcomed back

I knocked on Will's door, tapping my fingers on my legs as I waited.

Zac opened the door, raising an eyebrow, "haven't seen you around for a while."

"Is Will here?" I asked, not in the mood for Zac's teasing, sometimes flirty, banter.

"Yeah," Zac nodded, stepping aside, "he's on the couch. He's been so depressed while you were gone. He thought you like died or something."

"Who is it?" Will groaned from the couch, sounding utterly depressed.

"It's me." I called out, hoping he'd recognize my voice.

Will sat up insanely fast, looking toward me and registering that I was back. He jumped up and ran toward me, pulling me into a tight hug, "oh my god, belle, where have you been? Are you ok? I thought you got kidnapped or something!"

I wrapped my arms around him, "something like that, but really I'm fine, I was in Denver with my boyfriend cause his mom was in the hospital."

Will sighed in relief, finally letting go, "please text next time."

"I will." I smiled, giving him one more hug, "Zac said you were depressed when I disappeared."

"Of course I was, your like my best friend!" Will smiled, giving me a look that said, um duh.

"Wow, hurtful." Zac called out from the other room in an amused tone.

Will and I laughed, walking over to the couch and sitting down. He put an arm across my shoulders, "just glad I got my lost boy back."

"Well I'm glad that I'm back with Peter Pan." I smiled, leaning on his shoulder.

/*\*/*\*/*\*/

"We're throwing a party." Larissa announced as soon as my foot crossed the threshold.

"Why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"To celebrate." she gave me a duh look as if it should've been that obvious.

"Oook," I said slowly, "but why are we celebrating, rissa?"

"Because your back!" Larissa stared at me as if I were the most oblivious person on the planet.

"Alrighty then." I agreed, not bothering to try and talk her out of it.

Once she was set on something you couldn't change her mine. Not with a million dollars, a chance to meet the president or anything else someone could want.

I chuckled, walking to my room and flopping down on my bed. There was tons of homework I should catch up on..... but I decided it was a waste of time if I was in fact the "golden girl".

Staring up at the ceiling, I thought back on the day. Waking up in the basement, being let off the hook, Jett's speech about being untouchable, Will's depression and happiness all depending on me which was odd, Larissa's party planning and finally my thoughts came full circle back to just staring at the ceiling.

For whatever reason, I felt the urge to text Megan, see how she was doing and what not.

Hey, been awhile, whatcha been up to? Xoxo ~Annabelle

It was only 8:30, so she would still be up, but after 20 minutes without a reply I realized she'd never answered the text I'd sent her a long time ago when I'd first arrived.

"Huh." I mumbled, opening my phone and tapping the call button next to Megan's name. Maybe she just wasn't wanting to text.

The phone rang and rang.....