Chapter 3~ Caught by the parents

Doing this chapter in first person from Annabelle's POV instead of third person.

CHAPTER 3-

Megan began explaining to my parents that she was the schools "head director" and how I couldn't leave school.

"Yes, Annabelle is deeply needed at this school," she said in fake old lady voice.

I did a silent face-palm.

"Why? Oh uh because she works with the disabled kids, and is very good at.... Controlling them..." Megan continued unconvincingly.

I looked up at her through my face-palm, sliding my hand sarcastically down my face.

"She never told you? oh she's very modest then." Megan added, desperately trying to continue her lie.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, trying not to laugh at her ridiculous excuses.

"What do you mean she's antisocial? She's um very good with people." Megan said nervously.

I stumbled backward clutching my stomach and trying my hardest not to burst out laughing.

They think I'm antisocial? Omg hahaha that's not the problem, I thought, the problems is they never let me stay anywhere long enough to be social.

I remembered to close my mouth, which was still hanging open in shock from their incredibly stupid assumptions.

"No I promise she's very good with the special needs children," Megan continued in her best 30 year old voice. She paused, before once again assuring my parents that I could not leave. "No, no she could not be replaced."

I flipped my hair in a mock popular style, mouthing the words "damn right I can't be replaced."

Megan raised her hand motioning for me to shut up. I held up my hands in a fake surrender.

She glared at me before continuing, "behavioral issues? Oh I have no idea whatever you mean, she's an absolute angel!"

I covered my mouth to keep from laughing, me an angel? Please!

I thought Megan was actually doing a pretty good job so far, she sounded convincing enough to me.

"Fights? I'm sure I know nothing of this." Megan replied in her best dumb-founded voice.

I smirked as I thought of how confused my parents must be on the other end.

But then Megan's face fell, "I see, alright then we'll I guess we'll take her off the registry."

Just as she was about to hang up I ran over and grabbed the phone away, "no! Mom please let me stay! I'll do better I promise, I don't wanna go to Finland! Please!" I begged.

Megan glared at me silently asking, what the hell?

"We've heard your promises before, but Anna it hasn't gotten better, you've had enough chances. Also why are you at school with the school's head director?" My mothers cold voice responded.

"I'm not! Well I am, just, its not the head director!" I glanced uneasily at Megan.

"Who is it then?" Mother asked.

"That's not important! Just please don't make me go! I'm begging you!" I pleaded, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"No! You are going to go to boarding school and that is final!" The line went dead as my own mom hung up on me.

My shoulders slumped as I set the phone down.

So that's it, I thought, I'm gonna get shipped off to Finland! I kicked the desk before storming out of the school without another word.