Chapter 7~ new people and trouble

"Ah, Annabelle, lovely to meet you." the head master reached out to shake my hand.

I shook his hand extremely briefly, still wishing that I was anywhere but here. "You to." I mumbled.

My mom elbowed me and gave me a stern glance, though I pretended not to see.

"Mr. and mrs. Perry," he nodded, "I'm glad you could make-"

"Oh yes, I do try very hard to be on time." my mom chimed in, unintentionally cutting him off.

He smiled, looking slightly annoyed, "as nice as it is to see you both again, you are no longer needed, I'm sure Annabelle can handle herself."

"Oh." my mom raised her eyebrows, looking a little shocked but not arguing.

"Thank you both for coming, but she'll be fine, have a nice trip home." he waved goodbye, effectively forcing them to leave.

My parents waved goodbye to me as they left, still looking a little shocked.

"Annabelle, have a seat." the headmaster pointed toward the chair opposite his.

I sat down, slightly nervous because of his odd behavior.

Scanning the room, I saw the stuffed bookshelves that lined three of the walls. On one shelf was class pictures and awards the school had won. All the others were full of books.

"I'd like to start with the rules," he nodded as he began laying down the law.

"K." I agreed quietly.

"First off, we have a strict no violence policy."

"I'm not violent!"

"You are according to your past schools!"

I narrowed my eyes at him, hating him already.

The head master cleared his throat before continuing, "second, we have a dress code which will be in your student hand book."

He hoisted a thick, hard cover book onto the desk and pushed it toward me.

The student hand book was ridiculously large and probably full of unnecessary do's and dont's.

"Third, we have uniforms, you will get yours tomorrow in homeroom. our teachers do not accept late work, and no excuses will be made for missed classes unless you have a doctors note." He added in a strict voice.

"Uniform?" I asked, that was really all I'd heard him say.

"Yes."

It sounded like hell already.

"Alright, and lastly, your schedule." He handed me a sheet of paper, my classes printed on it and my dorm location and number in the top corner.

"What about my stuff?" I pointed toward the door, since my suitcases had been lined up on the wall right out side.

He waved off the question, "I've already had them brought to your dorm. school starts at 7:00 AM tomorrow, now off with you!" He pointed toward the door as he returned to his work.

Raising an eyebrow, I got up, sticking my tongue out at him childishly before leaving the office.

My attention buried in my schedule, I began walking toward the east end of campus.

Thankfully most of my classes were close together,

Breakfast
Homeroom, mr.Danielson, room 540.
Period 1 • English, mrs.Westly, room 513.
Period 2 • Math, mr.Vence, room 501.
Period 3• Science, mrs.Bernard, room 510.
Lunch
Period 4• History, mr.Leon, room 312.
Period 5• Art, mrs.Black, room 475.
Period 6• Photography, mr.Arnold, room 103.
Homeroom, mr.Danielson, room 540.
Dinner
Free time

Death's gameOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara