Chapter 5~end of summer

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, my eyes snapped open. It was Lucas, trying to wake me up.

"What?" I asked groggily as I began to wake up.

"Train's stopping at cathedral station in five minutes." he informed me in his still adorable British accent.

Megan was still awake, but not paying any attention, as she was still wrapped up in her phone.

Sitting up, I checked the time, nearly 8:00 AM. "Megan, it's almost time to get off." I said, shaking her shoulder.

"Ok, I'll be back in a sec." Megan replied, getting up and walking toward the bathroom.

Rolling my eyes, I packed up my stuff in my back pack and zipped in up, slinging it over my shoulder.

The sun was just beginning to climb into the sky, leaving gold light lines across the buildings and trees. The view was amazing, tall stark buildings streaked with morning light, and fall colored trees glistening in the sun.

"It's beautiful here," Lucas said quietly, staring out the window longingly.

Now I understood why he liked train rides. "Ya..." I stared out the window watching the sun rise higher.

"Coming into cathedral station in 3 minutes!" The conductor announced over the speakers.

Shocked by the loud voice, my head snapped back to the inside of the train, away from the magnificent view.

"Well it was nice to meet you," Lucas said, shaking my hand.

"Ya, you to." I replied with a slight laugh shaking his hand.

"Tell your friend I said goodbye." Lucas said as he got up and headed toward the back.

Where he was going I had no idea, "goodbye!" I called after him.

He waved one last time before disappearing through the door into the next cabin.

"Where'd the guy go?" Megan asked as she came back to our cabin.

"He left, said to tell you bye." I said as I returned to staring out the window.

"Ok." Megan replied as she started picking up her headphones and charger, wrapping the cords around her phone.

/*\*/*\*/*\*/

Carefully I climbed back in my window, by now it was about 6:30 PM, with any luck my parents would be out to dinner. Though they may not be since I was on a train for nearly an entire day.

Lowering myself over the ledge and into my room, I quietly closed the window and crept to the top of the stairs.

Apparently I had no luck, my parents were not only home but down stairs having dinner. Screw my life! They were, no doubt, waiting for me to come home.

I sighed, jogging back to my room, I decided to update my calendar. I paused as I crossed off days and realized that I had only a week and a half left. In that week and a half I had to say goodbye to my friends and pack up my entire life, before I was sent off to Finland.

In shock I sat down hard on my desk chair, staring at my calendar.

"You just realized what day it was didn't you?" I heard my dads voice behind me.

I turned toward him with a depressed look, "ya, I can't believe there's less then 2 weeks." A single tear strayed down my cheek, I didn't want to leave.

It was true that I moved almost every year, but this was different, I felt like they were abandoning me.

My dad placed his hand on my should in an effort to comfort me, but I was not in the mood for it. If they were abandoning me in less than 2 weeks then I wanted nothing to do with their mushy parent crap.