Chapter 21~ allies

Every single tiny sound set me on edge; a stair creaked as I jogged upstairs and I flinched and jumped before groaning and rolling my eyes at how paranoid I was.

Walking through the hall, I heard two roommates arguing loudly, jumping backward, I shook my head at myself for freaking out about an argument that didn't even involve me.

I took a deep breath, calming myself, it's nothing, you're being paranoid!

Rounding the corner, I nearly slammed into a dan who looked frantic.

I backed up quickly, suddenly unsure who to trust.

"It's ok," he held his hands up in surrender, "I want to team up. We're safer as allies until the other two are eliminated."

"How do I know this isn't a trick or something so you can get my guard down and kill me?" I interrogated, staying alert and staring at him skeptically.

Dan sighed, "belle, I don't know how you want me to prove it but trust me, out of us four you're the last person I'd ever want to hurt. So what do say, allies?"

Slowly I nodded when I didn't find even a hint of deception in his eyes, "ok, allies."

He nodded with a relieved sigh, surprising me with a quick hug before he turned to leave, "meet me out front tomorrow morning at 8 AM."

"Ok, see ya then." I agreed, watching briefly as he walked away before turning and going inside my dorm.

/*\*/*\*/*\*/

I hardly slept a wink and was up by six. There was no way I'd fall back asleep so I got dressed and headed down early to wait for Dan.

Constantly, I glanced over my shoulder, always thinking I'd see May stalking me or full out running to strangle me.

I was incapable of relaxing; not with everything going on and the overwhelming sensation that I was in mortal danger 24/7 till all but one of us was dead.

Before I knew it I was already out front and it was only 6:30. Sitting down on a bench, I tried my best to relax but found it nearly impossible.

I screamed in surprise and alarm when Jett appeared out of no where. I quickly remembered the bracelets and took a deep breath to calm down.

"How's it going?" Jett asked causally as if nothing had happened. He sat down next to me and put both arms up on the back of the bench with a relaxed sigh. Easy for him to be relaxed; his life wasn't in jeopardy.

"Hmm, well I constantly think someone is chasing me to kill me but other than that I'm fine. How bout you?" I replied, my tone heavy with sarcasm.

He chuckled, "I'm good, still betting on you golden girl."

An idea suddenly sparked in my mind, "hey Jett, can ask you something?"

Jett glanced over with raised brows and shrugged, "yeah I guess, what is it?"

"Are you, by any chance, a keeper?" I questioned, arching a brow and anxiously awaiting an answer.

He tilted his head slightly, considering how to answer. He bit his lower lip in thought as if deciding what to say or maybe just to make me impatient.