Chapter 15: Coffee Date

More MerDer! Enjoy (sorry for not updating:/)

Meredith's POV
(Mer's House)

What does one wear to a coffee date with their boss?

I scrambled through my closet and couldn't find anything. I was stupid! So damn stupid. Yesterday while I was drinking tequila, my dreamy boss, the one that I had a crush on, asked me to have coffee with him. The thought of canceling crossed my mind, but then again I didn't have his number. The thought of not showing up also crossed my mind, but something about him made me want to go. I speed dialed Cristina and asked her what I should wear. She said I should wear my purple blouse and a pair of jeggings. She also said my hair should be out or in a low pony tail so it looks like I don't really care about the coffee date. I decided to wear minimal make up, since it was just a casual meet-up. After getting ready in twenty minutes I jumped into my car and punched in the address of the nearest Starbucks into my GPS.

(Starbucks Parking Lot, 8:04am)
I didn't want to seem desperate, so I planned on going in at 8:05. I got out of my car and locked it. I walked up to the automatic door and quickly pulled out my phone. I acted as if I was texting someone, trying not to seem so into the "date".

"Meredith, over here!" I heard his voice beckoning me over to a small table.

"Hi," I said while taking a seat.

"Hey, Meredith, I can call you Meredith right?"

"Yeah sure, whatever floats your boat"

"Yikes, someone's in a cranky mood" he sarcastically said.

"Uh, sorry, it's just I've had non-stop surgeries, and this is the most free I've been in awhile."

"Don't worry I get it" Talking to Derek seemed to comfortable. I was going to enjoy the next 30 minutes.

Derek's POV
Talking to Meredith was relaxing. She understood where I came from.
The past twenty minutes have been going at ease.

"So what's your story?" She asked.

"I have many stories, which one do you wanna know about?" I replied back.

"Hm, your previous girlfriends, what were they like?"

"Ha, I actually have had no girlfriends previously" she gave me a look. "But I do have a ex-wife"

"Really?, well not to be nosy, but why is she your ex?"

"She's my ex cause she had sex with someone else...in our house" I exclaimed.

"Oh sorry," she said. The dynamic of the conversation changed after I said that.

"Well, I'm pretty sure my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me" she confessed. I was surprised, who in their right mind would cheat on this beautiful, majestic person.

"Well we both have something in common, our Exes work with us" I said

"Who's your ex?"

"Addison Montgomery" I mumbled, she spit coffee out her mouth.

"Really?!" She sounded weirded out.

"Yeah, don't let that pretty face fool you" I said.

BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP
Both of our pagers went off at the same time. It was a 911
I quickly paid for both of our coffees.

"You don't have to" she said while taking out some cash from her paisley colored Guess hand bag.

I stopped her hand from taking out the money. Accidentally I touched her hand, I could literally feel a jolt of electricity go through me. "But I want to" I told her.

She smiled and said "Well this was fun, we should continue the conversation some other time."

"Gladly, but I think we need to hurry," I said while pointing to the group of ambulances that rushed by us.

"Yeah, Bye Derek!"

"Bye Meredith!"

I think I've found the one...

So did ya like it?
So did ya like it?
Rate this chapter on a scale of 1-10 ( 1 being terrible, 10 being fantastic ). When this gets 10 rates and 9 votes I'll update!
But I won't be able to update over by weekend so wait until Monday
Love ya,💜