Chapter 3: The pretty blonde

*this is a Merder story, but I am slowly introducing all the characters*

Callie's POV
(Elevator)

'Ding'
The elevator door rang. I quickly went in but no one else did. I began thinking about how how today would be a big change. The merger was really nerve-racking to deal with but at least Chief didn't fire me. I was proud to say I was an Ortho Attending. Seattle Grace Hospital was known for its variety in specialty. There was Bailey who was a general surgery attending, Mark who was a plastics attending, Burke who was the "Cardio God" Owen who specializes in trauma and Derek who was a neuro attending. There was a rumor that Derek's ex-wife might be our new OB/GYN attending. From Mercy West we would be getting Arizona Robbins who would be our PEDS person and Taylor Fields would be our Thoracic Attending. Our oncologist was fired but he deserved it, he was a lousy kisser. Believe me when I say, his idea of a date was a trip to the hospital cafeteria. What was wrong with the men in the world?

The elevator stopped at the 3rd floor, when a pretty blonde walked in. She was just wearing normal navy blue scrubs but she still managed to make me self conscious. I took out some Sephora blush and applied that with some Cover Girl Lipgloss.

"Hi I'm Arizona Robbins," she offered her hand. "The PEDS attending" she said in her perky attitude.

"Well Arizona, I'm Callie Torres the Ortho Attending" I said shaking her hand. And just then, I felt a jolt of shock. Maybe it was my imagination...

When we reached the 5th floor we both got out and went out separate ways.

Derek's POV
(At Chief Webber's Announcement) [still the first day]

"As you all might know I am Richard Webber, Chief of Surgery, but just incase for those who don't" he began his speech near the stairwell, where most of the doctors were gathered.

"I know merger has been difficult but there are somethings I would like to discuss. We have our new set of interns here" Richard continued to speak, but I knew this speech whole heartedly.

So I dove off into my cloud of thought. Addison had left me heart broken and confused with life but thankfully I realized that she wasn't the love of my life. I needed someone who would understand me. Who's smile would make me melt and their laugh would make me feel better. I need someone who would stay and fight through the tough times.  Addie didn't do any of those.

As I was thinking a petite girl ran and bumped into me, making me spill my coffee. Yes, my third cup of coffee. She didn't seem to notice what she had done and skipped off to her friends, leaving me to clean the mess up. As she left, I smelled some kind of flower that was memorizing. But where did it come from?

Was it Meredith??🙈