Christmas

Mark's POV-

"Mark" said an Irish accent I woke up from my slumber and smiled seeing Jack.

"Hey baby" I said smiling.

"It's Christmas" he replied.

My smile turned into a frown.

"Great" I replied.

"You ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah just tired" I said with a fake smile.

We got dressed and went down stairs.

Jack was the first down.

"OMG look at the gifts Santa gave us!" He said.

He was like a kid at Christmas.

After-

"Ok Jackaroony. Here's your gift from me." I said handing him the box.

His eyes widened in Delight.

"Thank you Mark but ye shouldn't have" he said handling it with care as if it could break.

He opened and gasped in shock.

He smiled "OMG MARK! Policenauts!" He shouted hugging me.

I smiled.

"Your gift is for later on ok Mark?" He asked.

I nodded.

Jack looked at me and noticed my lack of enthusiasm.

"Hey Markimoo. You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I just, really hate Christmas." I said.

"What?!" He shouted "why?"

"The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus." I replied and started to cry.

(Authors note: yes I know that was from Gremlins about what happened to Katie's dad but that is what gave me the idea. So a thanks to the cast and writer of Gremlins.)

Jack walked up to me and held me close.

"You want to go on a walk to see the snow." He asked.

I nodded and cried in his arms like a child.

Later-

We was walking in the park.

There was actually a lot of people in the park.

I couldn't help but smile.

I looked and saw a family, a gay family.

"Hey Mark." I heard Jack ask.

"Yeah" I said not taking my eyes away from the family.

"You remember how you said about your dad?" He asked

"Yeah"

"Well I was gonna do this any way but, I know how you can love Christmas again." He said.

"How-" I said and turned around.

I gasped.

There Jack was on one knee with a box in his hand.

"Mark Fischbach, we have been dating for two years and the moment I lay my eyes on you I knew you was the one, so what I'm saying is-" he opened the box.
"Mark Fischbach, will you do me the honours of marrying me and becoming Mr. Mark Edward McLoughlin?" He asked

I stood shocked and I blushed.

"Mark?" He asked X

I felt me knees give in.

I hugged him.

"Yes, I will" I said crying "I love Christmas."