26

Listen to the bridge of Out of The Woods. It kinda reminded me of this and the next two chapters. Although, I took the whole thing literally.

Crickets chirped and the sound of the crisp of burnt and dried lives were the only thing that she heard.

The moonlight spilled above the thick mangrove trees. It was the only thing that illuminated the gloom forest.

Where did that boy even go? Skylar was starting to get alarmed. She'd been searching for almost half an hour but still there was no sign of Newt.

Fear is starting to get up to her. I might be just going in circles this whole time or I'm miles away from the pack. She couldn't even tell.

And the thought that there may be a wave of cranks inside the deep shadows made her feeling worst.

As she walked deeper, sounds of water rushing became audible.

"I'm a bloody mess" After a long time of searching, Newt's voice came along with the sound of water rushing. If I'm not mistaken, it should take me just a single run to get there. Since the sound seems to come from the distance infront of me.

Just as when she was about to sprint, a sudden sound of a gun shot exploded in the entire forest.

It took her by surprise that she jumped backward. Her spine crashing towards the ground.

She was stunned for a few minutes. After the sound, the whole world around her fell into dead silence. That's when something hit her. Newt.

Panic suddenly got into every nerve inside her body. Without a second to loose, she immediately got up from position and ran.

He shot himself. He's dead. Foreign voices were whispering inside her ear. And images of Newt shooting himself and laying bloody and cold on the ground, flashed inside her mind.

It's not happening. It didn't happened. She squinted her eyes and shook her head to get rid of the images and voices. She could feel her palms sweat and her heart tump in a fast pace.

Her head was spinning and the whole scenario was terrible. She tried to open her eyes as she ran, but everything keeps coming back.

Suddenly she crashed into something. Her left shoulder slammed first to whatever it was. And she let out a scream as a sequel.

She landed on the floor once again. What was that?

Skylar got herself together and twisted. Calmness rushed inside her when she saw it was just a tall mangrove tree. But still her injured shoulder crashed in it. Causing her to flinch.