24

Skylar's eyes widen as she stared at the tip of the gun.

"We don't deserve to be Immunes in this godforsaken land. It's much better to be a crank or leave. But you're leaving first."

"RUN!"

She barely knew what happened. Two person's flashed infront of her and tackled the guy inside the van. He pulled the trigger while aiming blindly.

The bullet flew above and fell on the ground besid her.

One of the person that tackled the guy, jumped out of the van and pulled her hand.

"Do I always have to tell you to bloody run?" Newt chuckled when he started running along with her. His mood suddenly shifted again. Isaac, I gotta give it to you. You're the most bipolar person that I ever met.

She noticed that everyone was running now. At first she thought it was because it was time to go to Denver. But it wasn't. Their faces were all painted with horror.

"Why are we running again?" She tried to ask Newt.

Newt tried to glimpse at his back and nodded. His expression was the same as everyone. Terrified.

That's when she decided to do the same. And a horrific image came.

They were all being chased of by a wild group of cranks that were all pass the gone. Madness and blood lust filled their eyes. And their image wasn't distinguishable.

Jarvis lead the pack. He was sprinting with all his might towards the east. Without knowing what awaits in it.

Their screams were horrifying. They were even worst at the screams back at the palace.

They're like the cranks back at the scorch. She remembered the horrible scene back at the screens of WICKED. Even if this guys are like this, they're still innocent people who had no clue what they are doing.

A loud scream came from the van.

She shot her glance there. The vehicle was all pilled up with cranks. They're already tearing the whole thing apart.

Something suddenly caught her attention. A crank was standing in front of the road a few feet from her. It wasn't running or moving. Instead it's eyes were darted on her. Like how a cheetah stalk it's prey. Eyes overflowing with madness.

She couldn't distinguish its gender. It looked like a man and had a built like one. But it had breast and a long jet black hair filled with something she can't point her finger with.

And just like a cheetah, It got up and ran towards her.

She snapped and ran passed Newt. Hands still interlocked.

"NEWT LOOK BEHIND!" She screamed and sprinted faster.

Newt did what she said. Surprisingly, a smile crooked on his face. "I'll take care of that"

He let go of her hand and got something from his pocket.

Newt suddenly halted and faced the crank that was a few feet infront of him.

Skylar stopped on her tracks when she noticed. "ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She screamed.

A gun appeared on his and he aimed it towards the crank. Without a second to spare, a bullet flew and landed on its chest.

He shot a few more before he started running again. He took Skylar, who was still stunned and dashed.

"What's wrong with you?! And where did you get that?" She tried to catch her breath.