6

"Get off" Newt half whispered as Skylar hugged him.

She ignored him and started to breath slowly. She was washing away all her fears.

"I said get off!" He pushed her. It sended her back. Almost loosing her balance.

What was I thinking? Things are different now. I can't just hug him whenever I want to. Even though Newt's actions hurted her, she new he didn't know what he was doing.

"Sorry" She mumbled. He began walking and picking up the stuff that Skylar dropped earlier. She turned her gaze to the other side, as he went close to the man she had killed.

"Is he dead?" She was still catching her breath. Still not looking at the man.

"He's barely breathing" he paused. "Hey Skylar"

He remembered my name. She thought. Little did she know, that she was almost smiling. And didn't responded when Newt called her.

Something dropped on her side. That was the side where when she would turn, she would see the man.

Hurriedly, she twisted and grabbed the bottle of water that Newt throwed. Catching a millisecond glimpse of the horrible thing she had done.

"Drink and toss it back to me" She did what he said and twisted back at Newt. He pulled out the knife from the guy's eye. Sending a faint scream.

Newt poured down the rest of the water left in the bottle to clean the knife. He grabbed the other untouched bottle and tossed it to her. "C'mere"

Skylar walked slowly as she went near him. Twisting her neck. Not looking at the guy. She felt guilt within her. "I killed a person." She mumbled. Guilt overflowing in her tone.

"You killed two already. The first was the shank from the corner. And showed no bloody guilt" He pulled her wrist to hurry her up. He opened her palm and placed the knife there. A few blood stains from it.

"I carry the launcher. You carry the bloody knife." She nodded. Already heading for the door.

It hit her hard when she processed everything that happened in the past few minutes. The guy may sound all crazy but it seems like all he was asking was her payment. And she over reacted and killed him. Guilt started to stab her.

"I think he was innocent" Skylar gathered all her strength to look at the guy. He was still breathing. Deep within her she wished that the guy would make it. Although she feared that he might get revenge.

"Everyone's crazy 'er" Newt snorted. "Some buggers may seem to never hurt a fly but in reality they're bunch of crazies." He paused. "Even me"

It was a clear fact that he accepted his fate as a crank. But it still pains Skylar seeing him all weak and hopeless.

He opened his mouth once again. "I don't bloody trust anyone here. Even you" Newt's words were like knives to her.  She sigh and pretended that it was nothing. If you only remember us Newt.

He went pass her and gestured her to follow him. Before they could take one step out, a laughter was heard from behind.

They both turned back and scanned their eyes for the unfamiliar sound.

It couldn't be the guy. He wasn't moving anymore. Skylar felt goosebumps again. She had already been attacked for three times.

A small door from the right side started to open.

"Thank you so much" He was chuckling hysterically. She moved and inch to Newt.

A guy with brown hair reaching his shoulder came out. He was clean. But doesn't seem sane.