14

An image of a bat flashed from her eyes. "Oh dear, You're next." Her attacker swayed his bat infront of her.

But right before her very eyes, it was smashed by what seems to be a sledgehammer.

Time suddenly went into a slow motion. The pieces of the bat flew in different directions. She could literally see them passing beside her face.

Immediately, Skylar covered her face and squited her eyes. That's when time got back to normal again.

The pieces of the bat fell on her face and arms. Non of them pierced her skin. But she got a few cuts from the sharp pieces.

"What the?!" Her attacker gasped. She flung her eyes open seeing a male figure infront of her. He was holding the sledgehammer up tight.

The person turned back and gave a smile at her. "Hey" 

Relief and terror both filled her as she saw Aaron, Roselle's brother. He might have the intention to save her. But that doesn't mean he's not insane enough to hit her. And how did a sledgehammer got in this place?

"Hey fat dude!" A high pitched feminine voice came from above. She looked up and saw Roselle holding a metallic rusty tube.

"Next time you pick on my friends you're gon'na eat this!" She pointed the tube at Skylar's attacker. Giving him a threatening look.

Skylar's mood change all of the sudden. The both of them were here to help her. She pulled Newt, who was unconsciously laying on the floor in her arms.

"Oh so a new challenge has began! My pleasure darlings!" The guy started to charge for Aaron. In a flash the rusty tube came flying and cutting in his forhead. Giving him a cut.

Roselle jumped above the wall and landed on her feet. She turned back at Skylar and smiled at her.

"Sorry we're late. Those dudes won't let us out" She giggled. "But don't thank us. It's your boyfriend who had to break the damn door and lead us here."

"Well thank you" Skylar flashed a smile then turned her gaze to Newt's body.

"If you'll excuse me, me and Aaron will have to deal with this dude. Get out of here." She started to trail off.

Skylar got on her feet. As her friends took down the guy for her. She tried different on positions upon carrying Newt. But he was a lot heavier than he looks.

She grabbed both of his arms and tried to drag him atleast in a corner; away from the fight.

Oh boy, you did gain a lot of weight. She complimented him mentally. Without noticing herself smiling like a complete fool.

A few moments, she successfully dragged him. He was still unconscious. But she saw him utter some words. Words that she can't form out.

Kill? Ever? Been? Friend? Me? She leaned near his mouth. Fighting back the urge to kiss him at that moment. He opened his mouth once again.

"If you.. Ever loved me.."

His words were cut by a body who crashed towards her. Causing her to fall on Newt's chest along with the person.

She flipped the person on top of her and took a peek on who it was.

It was Roselle. She was laying unconsciously on Newt's stomach. Skylar traced her hands on Roselle's cheek. Tracing for a cut or bruise. She flelt something wet in her cheek. It seems to be leading all the way to her forehead. But the only good thing about it is it didn't pass her eye.