Un

Un (One)

Some people say looks matter. I don't care what I look like. Yes in the world that I live in now I should, or maybe because one of my Best friends- Alex- is very pretty and I look like a nerd but whatever it’s not like she is going to like me, like I like her.

My nerd looks can’t compete with her muscled-like football playing jerk of a boyfriend.

"Adam!" A familiar girl voice yelled. I went back to reality. I saw her glaring at me. "Adam Hertz is you listening to me?"

As she shook me to get her attention. I groaned internally as I saw who it was. Alyson Hope. Or Allie as I call her.

"Huh? What?" I said confused. She was glaring at me threw her reading glasses.

"I said do you want me to study at your house or not?" She asked. It took me a second to remember where I am right now oh ya how can I forget a hell of place called High school.

"Sure, you know we always study there anyways." I told her. She smacked my arm, I faked hurt it. I might be a nerd but I am not weak.

"Ok," She said smiling. Then went back to doing Math. Which is our second to last class?

My only friends are my parents, Alyson Hope and her family, Drew (my brother), Alex Young and her family. No one else.

I don't get teased much about what I look like since Alex is in the in-crowd so they back off. We hang out but when in public we kind of back off a little which I am grateful that Allie is even my friend. She is pretty in her own way. But were just friends and that’s it.

The first day of school past which wasn’t that bad but I do miss summer. As the bell rang saying that the last class is about to begin. I hurried out of the room to my locker quickly as I didn't want Damon McCarty to see me.

He is Alex's boyfriend he warned me earlier to stay away from Alex. It was as if the summer we spent together was nothing. But whatever. At least we are neighbors right?

I got to class safely; I let out a sigh of relief. This year my schedule is Music 4, English 4, Dance 4, Physics, Lunch, Calculus, and American Government.

This year, I want it to be my year. But I don't know?

School was over; Allie and I were heading to my house in my car to study. Alex was going to go over to her boyfriend’s house. I mean I knew this was going to happen.

Allie knew that I like Alex since I met her but she has kept it to herself. That is one thing I like about her. I mean there are a lot more things but that is basically one of them. We made it to my house. It was big I guess. Yes we’re rich but I'm not some spoiled 18 years old.

As we got out of the car and headed inside of the house. Let me give you a small tour. The house is peach, has 7 rooms and with 7 bathrooms with a pool, pool house, a huge garden for my mom and a lot of backyard. It’s a three story house. One story has the living room and kitchen with the family room, the dining room, and a bathroom right next to the kitchen, the laundry room which is next to bathroom that is next to the kitchen and the bar. The second story is my parent’s and Drew's room with 2 and a half bathrooms. The half is just a toilet for privacy.

Then finally there is mine and the guest room which is right next to the lounge, two more bathrooms next to my room and the guest room with the Movie theatre next to it. I like it, I get more privacy due to the walls being sound proof because of the Music room that is next to the lounge. It is filled with a lot of instruments.