CHAPTER ONE(Miki)

Written by Armybrat213

"Good job today guys! Dismissed!" Miki chirped from the front of the room. The group of twenty or so kids, all under the age of twelve, dressed in stark white uniforms with brightly colored belts bowed to her before running to their parents. She smiled to herself before retreating to the locker room in the back.

Miki had worked at the Tae Kwon Do center for about three years now. Mainly she did it because since she was a black belt they would offer her free fighting lessons in different styles.

Miki slipped out of her white uniform and into her black V-neck shirt and light denim shorts. She pulled the ponytail holder out of he hair and shook her head letting the light brown locks fall to around her shoulder.

Quickly she stuffed her clothes into her locker and grabbed her purse and shoes. With one last goodbye to the adults and kids in the foyer she walked out to the parking lot to her bright red jeep.

The car itself had been way to much for her single dad to afford, but as crazy as it sounded Miki had won the expensive vehicle in a contest. Every last dime of the car was paid for. Even her father, who knew of Miki's lucky streaks, was surprised.

The car ride home was a short one and unsurprisingly when she pulled into the driveway she saw that her dad was working in the garage rather than resting. Miki sighed to herself and got out of the car.

"Hey honey. How was work?" He asked as he dug through the car's engine. Miki stepped up beside him and pushed him out of the way. She took his place and immediately began to work on the problem he was working on.

"It was good. You should make me some dinner though I'm starving." She replied.

Her dad, Dalton Hanson, wiped the grease from his hands. He had the same light brown hair as Miki, but his eyes were a hazel color. He was very tall, unlike his short daughter, and well built.

"Alright. How does Italian cuisine sound? I'll make some fettuccine with Parmesan chicken and some sun dried tomatoes on top."

Miki cracked a smile and turned to look at her dad, "So you're ordering pizza?"

He gave her a wink before walking back into the house. Miki laughed at the mental image of her father cooking. The man couldn't boil water. If it wasn't for her and take out food they'd both be dead.

"So you fight and fix cars? Do you do anything else because it seems like that's pretty much your entire life summed up."

Miki jumped at the new voice and leaned back from the car. Standing at the entrance of the garage a tall, lean boy with dirty blonde hair. His hair seemed spiked up in the frot but in a natural way. The guy had his hands casually stuck in the pockets of his denim jeans. He wore a regular T shirt over that and multiple bracelets hung from his wrist. Miki was more startled at his cold blue eyes that seemed to be staring right into her.

"Can I help you?" She asked in a tone that was borderline rude.

"I'm here to talk to you about something important." He stepped into the garage closer to her.

"I don't think I wanna hear it." Miki said then mumbled, "You friggin' stalker."

He chuckled, "I'm not a stalker. It was just in my best interest to keep an eye on you."

"That's what all stalkers say I'm sure." She snapped, "Now who the heck are you?"

He held a hand up to his chest, "My name is Ben. My dad sent me to talk to you."

"Do I know your dad or something?" Miki scoffed.

Ben shrugged, "Not really, but my dad and you're mom go way back."

Miki froze. It felt like all the air had escaped from her lungs and her heart and stopped. The mere mention of her mother had Miki on edge. Never once had she met her mom, but she had heard the stories from her dad.

"Get out of my garage." Miki growled and stepped forward to force him out.

"Relax Miki. I'm not here to hurt you." Ben tried to reassure her.

"I don't wanna hear a thing you have to say, now get out!" Miki said.

Ben sighed in a melodramatic way, "Fine. I'll leave, but when the end of the world shows up I'm pinning the blame on you babe."

"Excuse me??" Miki paused in her step.

"The world is ending and you're needed." Ben smirked, "Your mom volunteered you for the job."

"I don't even know who my mom is." Miki lied. Ben closed the space between them making Miki stumble back.

"We both know you do, daughter of Nike." Ben winked again. Miki clenched her jaw and resisted the urge to punch him.

"Who sent you?" She demanded.

"I told you, my dad-"

"And who is your dad?" Miki continued. Ben paused for a moment before letting the smile return to his face.

"Poseidon." Ben crossed his arms, "Him and Nike weren't to fond of each other. So he didn't want to deal with talking to you."

"Hmm well I'm flattered, but I don't want to save the world. Get someone else to do it."

Ben sighed, "Sons and daughters of all gods and goddess are rising up to help. We need the daughter of Victory though."

"How come?"Miki asked.

"You're our lucky charm I guess." Ben chuckled. Miki rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips as she thought. After a moment of silence, and Ben standing there looking bored Miki nodded her head.

"What do I need to do?"

Before Ben could answer, Miki's dad walked out and stopped at the sight of his daughter with a guy he hasn't seen before.

"Mili who is this?" He asked cautiously, "Is this your boyfriend?"

Miki blushed and shot a glare at her dad. Ben let out a short laugh, "She wishes. My dad would kill me if he knew I was dating her."

Her dad frowned and Ben clapped his hands. He winked one last time at Miki, "I'll text you the details later."

He then turned around and walked off without another word. Miki stood there frozen a moment before shaking her head, "How the heck does he have my number?!"

"Mckenzie Dawn Hanson, who exactly was that?" Her dad asked using the full name she never used. Miki sighed and began to explain the story to her father who went from confusion to total shock.

He was silent a moment before motioning his daughter inside, "Get in."