CHAPTER 28(Miki)

Armybrat213 is finally back!! How's Texas?!? Written by Armybrat213.

After sitting around and joking together a bit longer, the group decided that a trip to the lake would be a well deserved break. Karina still wasn't feeling 100%, but refused to be left behind at the hotel while everyone else partied at the lake.

"You need rest Karina." Axel sighed and ran a hand through his fiery red hair. It left his locks in a tangled mess.

Karina pouted, "I don't wanna be left behind. I want to go to the lake too! I'm fine Axel."

Axel crossed his arms, "I don't know. I really think you should rest some more."

Everyone else was getting a few things packed up in the cars for the lake while Karina and Axel lightly argued with each other.

"Please please please?" Karina begged, "I promise to be careful!"

Axel didn't want her to go. He was worried about her and in all honesty he felt she'd be safer with a bit more rest at the hotel. The pleading look on her face tore at him though. He was torn between listening to the logical side of him that told him she needed rest and the emotional side that knew a trip to the lake could do wonders for her mood. Axel also couldn't help but smile at how cute she looked with her fingers laced together in the begging position with her eyes shut tightly. He chuckled and nodded, "Fine, but if you're not being as careful as possible you're gonna get it."

"Thank you!" Karina cheered as she tackled Axel in a hug. Truth be told she still wasn't completely over what had happened with the vampires. Josh talking to her helped a lot, but a part of her still nagged at the fact of what she had done. Karina also knew it'd only get worse every time she saw the wound on Miki's hand.

"Get your stuff together." Axel smiled, "We gotta get going."

Miki sat in the passenger seat of her jeep staring at the wound on he hand. It was a bite mark that went straight across her palm. White bandages used to cover them but she had stripped them off and tossed them in the trash. Miki took her finger and traced the wound. It stung some but not enough to really bother her.

"What are you doing?" Electra walked up with a cooler filled with ice and drinks. She tossed it in the back of Miki's keep as Miki tucked he hands into her lap.

"Nothing." Miki chirped with an innocent smile.

"Is it bothering you? Do you need medicine?" She asked reaching for the first aid kit.

Miki shook her head, "No it's fine I was just...trying something."

She had staring at it trying to get it to heal faster. Miki hoped if she wanted it bad enough it'd disappear. It hasn't worked that way so far and that shot her mood down.

"Well ok." Electra said skeptically, "I'm going to go get the others so we can leave."

"Okie dokie." Miki nodded and watched as Electra ran back inside. Snow followed her loyally.

Miki returned her attention to her wound and shrugged. It was worth a shot at least. The brown haired girl grabbed an extra bandage from the glove box and wrapped her hand tightly. Around that time the others walked out of the hotel ready to go.

It was about a half hours drive to the lake and that was only because both cars they were in weren't exactly following the suggested speed limit.

"I can't believe we're here already." Miki said sliding out of the jeep. Josh locked the jeep as Electra and Hayden got out. Karina, Axel, Ben, and Snow got out of the other car parked right beside the jeep.