CHAPTER 29(Josh)

A/N: Ok me and ARmybrat switched places once and this is the switch back. Thank you so much for reading!!   -NovaEagle97

I woke up to a loud thump, and then Miki’s scream. I quickly rolled out of the bed, bringing twin ice swords in front of me to block anything that came my way. I looked up just as I saw Miki and some other person lying on the ground. I let out a quick flare of light. Jesse! That stupid Vampire attacked us alone! He probably knew that Karina was weak and decided to finish us all while we were sleeping. I jump up, quickly making Jesse blind.

“Guys, get up! Vampire!” I yell, Hayden suddenly body slams it and sends it crashing through to the living room. I hop over Hayden and into the living room in time to see Jesse grab a knife from the kitchen. I settle into a crouch as Jesse turns to the sound of my footsteps,

“Son of Helios, you may have blinded me but I can still smell you and hear you!” He launches himself at me, faster than normal. I duck; just managing to dodge his knife thrust and then I block his kick, the force of it sending me backwards. I look over at the sink as Axel sends a fireball soaring into Jesse’s face. He roars and launches himself through the hole at the rest of the demigods.

“Hayden!! Get him back out here! I’ve got an idea!” I yell as I see him dive through the hole, dodging the knife. He nods and I turn on the water, freezing it and getting it into a man shaped form.

“Hey Bloodsucker, you call that fighting? It looks like you’re trying to dance!”  He calls out, and I hear him roar again. Just as he steps through the hole I send the ice-man at him, swallowing him in ice. I quickly push my hand out, making the ice crash through the window and out into the woods behind the hotel.

“Josh! You ok?!” I hear Miki and I grab her,

“I’m okay, stay here with Karina and Electra. Electra, I need you to get as many silver or wooden arrows into that thing as possible. Hayden, Axel, find a sharpened piece of wood! Get him in the heart!!” They nod and dive through the window, jumping down balcony by balcony. I take a more direct approach, freezing the water particles under my shoes to slow my descent. I land just as Jesse breaks free of the ice cocoon.

“JOSHUA HELLFIRE I WILL HAVE YOUR HEART!!” He yells at me, I draw my two ice swords and answer him,

“My heart is already taken, by someone that I will not allow you to hurt in any way!” I freeze his feet to the ground and launch myself at him, determined to destroy this thing that hurt the people I cared about. He blocks my first swings and suddenly grabs my throat! I feel my breath catch as he slams me into the ground.

“You’re mine!” He whispers into my ear and bends down to bite me. I freeze part of my skin and his teeth bounce off. He hisses and bites down harder; I growl and start to push him off. Just as his teeth start to penetrate my skin something slams into him, sending him sprawling back. Axel kneels down beside me as Hayden grabs a sharp stick from the ground.

“Josh! Did he get you?!” I shake my head,

“I’m good! HAYDEN DUCK!” I yell. Hayden ducks just as the Vampire lashes out and an arrow whistles by, right above his head to slam into the Vampire’s neck. Axel helps me up and I hand him one of my fighting knives. “It’s got some silver in it. Very expensive so don’t loose it!” He nods as I take out the second one, and together we advance on the Vampire.

“You really think… that… with some….pointy sticks you…can…beat me?” Jesse pants out, ripping out the arrow. I step forward,

 “No, we know it.” I run forward closely followed by Hayden and Axel, as we all three jump on the vampire. Axel is the first to attack and he gets thrown to the side, Hayden manages to land a blow on his head but Jesse grabs him and slams him into the ground. I jump up, slamming my foot into Jesse’s face and he goes reeling backwards. I take a fighting stance with my knife and suddenly hear Helios’s voice in my head.

‘Show them…’ I nod, and take a deep breath, letting it out in a purple explosion. As the fire spreads around him I cut it off, step forward, and stab at him. He twists but it seems to be slower than normal for him. I spin around and slash at him and he grabs my wrist, still going slower than normal.

“How are you doing this?!?” He yells, fear in his eyes. I again see a red mist in my eyes but this time, I control it. I flip my knife from my hand to my free hand, reach across, and before he can move, stab him in the heart.

His eyes open wide. Time seems to stand still as He looks down at the handle of the knife. I slowly twist the knife, driving it in further. He gasps,

“How?...” and then slowly fades away into ash, his essence burning up on the silver.