CH. 41(Karina)

Written by TwistedXSymphony

I was awaking after getting stirred a bit. "Wake up, princess...wake up, Karina!" I startled completely awake now. Before me were three figures. One was a man looking like in his early thirty's. Pitch black hair, scars marking almost every inch of his body and the ever so prominent blue ocean eyes with splashes of green. He was a tall, stern, and somewhat handsome man...my dad, Osiris. King of Egypt and God of death and right in front of me.

I slowly sucked in a huge intake of air then let it out. "What are you doing here? I don't need your help."

I was fine on my own, I mean I found Electra's soul, I'm chained to the wall, my animal shifting was taken away...okay mabey I'm not fine. I slowly registered the next person. She had wild brown hair with our version of a crown and golden eyes. She held herself like she was going to be attacked any second now. Shifting her vision always, she was Baset my animal shifting aunt.

"Osiris, I must leave. Now. I got you and Isis in now you both are on your own." She was crouched down waiting to spring at something, a black corridor opened behind her.

"You may leave." With a nod my father sent her off. I got a glimpse of her and she noticed me as she was leaving and gave me an unsure nod. Then she left.

"She got us in by disguising us, we only have a small window of opportunity now. Hades will know we're here." That voice...it was soothing, like an angels song. It made me feel like I have hope.

I closed my eyes and relished the sound of the persons voice.

"Isis her gift...it's gone." My eyes immediately shot open at the sound of her name. I crashed back on earth as the turn of events came. I started struggling in the shackles as Isis started coming forward also making the shackles cut further deeper into my skin.

"Stop struggling dear, you're only hurting yourself." I was not going to shed a single tear for her...not this time that is.

"You're hurting me. Go away." I can tell my words hurt her but its to late now. My denial has gone far deep enough to make her not exist, so this was just digging up lost memories not meant to be found.

She was in front of me now and lightly cupped my cheek, I flinched at her foreign contact.

"Stop...I don't know you. Please, just...leave me alone." I said barely audible while not meeting her eyes, her golden red eyes. Her pitch black hair was cut short from the back and let long from the front. Her dark sun kissed skin was in great contrast with mine. She was wearing a white dress with dropped sleeves and a gold medallion on her chest. Topped off with an Egyptian crown, the crown was a sort of snake with rubies for eyes. Gold cuffs on her wrists and an arm band also out of gold on her left arm.

"Daughter you are in grave danger. Hades is a foreign God to us indeed but life cannot handle so many problems. Point is, if we don't leave soon, we all will perish." Osiris said and took off my shackles by aging them to dust. My wrists were bleeding and I was terribly low on energy. I tried healing them but I just couldn't...Isis put her hand on them to heal them and an orange light came around the wound and it healed but it stung. I hissed at the pain and her touch but was relieved that they were gone, only slight scars appearing.

"Please, just stop..." I trailed off not knowing how to make her leave.

Isis closed her eyes and turned away in despair. She took a big breath and when she turned back to look at me, she hid all her emotions like nothing happened.

"Do you want to hear a story, Karina? A sad, noble story?" She remained impassive and uninterested just like a Queen would.

I just remained silent.