When the door had closed behind me, i grabbed a hold of her, my eyes automatically searching for any signs of blood, as i turned her face from side to side. Evelyn didn't even let me get that far before she pushed my hands away, her eyes soft. "Darien, I'm fine." she whispered. i gave a reluctant nodd, not satisfied with my inspection.

But knowing Eve, she would break my hand if i didn't listen to her. "What the hell happened then?" i sighed, feeling as if a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. 

"His names Shane Cristick. He was snooping around the premises" she said running a hand through her hair. "you called me here because some homeless punk was snooping around?" i couldn't help but glare, annoyance flaring up in me when i realized my night may have been ruined because someone had merely taken a wrong turn off the highway.

Evelyn scowled back. "Not just any homeless punk would be  carrying one of these." she muttered pulling out a small manila envelope. 

I frowned, taking the envelop from her hand and flipping it over. My name was scrawled on its front in neat cursive, a hand i did not recognize. I opened up its flap and pulled out its contents. There in black and white were photos of Evelyn, my father and Salara doing daily things. 

Their faces were circled with a bright red marker, almost like the target symbol. I didn't much care about my father, even i believed the world would have been a better place with out the insufferable prick, the only people who worried me were Salara and evelyn.

 I flipped through the three photos trying to decipher anything that might have been helpful but when i came across the forth photo of the bunch, my hands automatically clenched into fists. 

It was a picture of both evelyn and Salara together at the mall, similar circles drawn around their faces, but what made me tense was the person standing behind them, in the distance but still visible, his faces slightly out of focus from the pixels. My eyes automatically drifted to evelyn wondering if she had seen the same thing i had, fortunately she hadn't.

"flip the photo" Eve breathed motioning to the backside. I did as she said and the one line crossing the back of the photo made me grind my teeth.

"give me your gun." i barely managed to say without growling. Evelyn hesitated for a second before she pulled her gun from the small clip at her side.  "What are you going to do?" she asked watching as i passed her all the photos except the one with the two of them on its front.

"Exactly what you called me over here to do." i muttered, trying to hold back my anger enough so that i would be able to question the guy inside without straight out killing him.

but taking another look at that photo was seriously pushing my patience. I yanked the steel door open again, stepping halfway through when Evelyn said. "I'm going in there with y-" i stopped her, my anger written clearly across my face. 

I didn't want her in there with me when i questioned this guy. i didn't want her to know what i knew now and most of all i didn't want her to remember what my father had made me into.