Chapter Forty Four

Last chapter you guys!!

Gosh I don’t know what to say. I love this story so much and now it’s ending! I need a good cuddle! *Sniff*

Thank you guys just so much for taking the time to read my story. I love you all so much. *Cry*

So let’s get on with the story. *Breaks down*

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Chapter Forty Four Hospital

-Louis-

            Zayn was sitting in the emergency room waiting area when the boys, Corra, Farah, Leena, and I came in. His jacket was off. His dark hair rumpled. He looked as if he had been riding with death. There was blood on his white shirt, on his dark tux pants. Prinny’s blood.

            He looked up as we joined him. “They’ve taken her into surgery.” He said. “She moaned all the way in the ambulance.” He continued to talk almost as if to himself. “She wasn’t able to breathe. I wasn’t sure if she would even make it here.” He closed his eyes on a wave of pain.

            “Chest wounds are terrifying.” Paul told him gently sitting down next to him and putting a comforting arm over his shoulder. “But hers wasn’t high enough to reach her heart.” Zayn’s brown eyes sought reassurance from the older man’s. He relaxed but not by much. “They’ll have to fix her lung and then it’s only about medication and rest.”

            “She just signed up for her fall classes.” Leena commented.

            “She won’t be able to go to them. She’ll have to sit out this semester.” Liam said dryly. Zayn stood up and started pacing.

            A tall surgeon in blue scrubs came into the waiting room. Looking around he spotted us and came towards us. His face was blank and I was unable to tell if he was going to give us good or bad news.

            “How is she?” Zayn asked quickly.

            The Doctor shrugged. “We’ve stopped the bleeding and reinflated the lung. But she’s lost a lot of blood and isn’t in good shape otherwise due to a cold. It’s going to complicate her recovery.”

            “I thought she sounded hoarse.” Farah agreed. “But she refused to go to the doctor.”

            “What do we do now?” Zayn asked in a quiet tone.

            “We pray.” The doctor said flatly. “I can’t give you promises that I can’t keep. Right now it’s fifty-fifty. I’m sorry, I’ve done all I can do.”

            “We know that. Thank you.” I told the doctor shaking his hand.

            “Can I see her?” Zayn asked hopefully.

            “You can’t yet. She’s in recovery right now. It would be best to wait until we have her in a room in intensive care. Even then you can only see her three times a day for only 15 minutes each time. Her injury is too serious. She needs to be kept quiet, no upsets.”

            Zayn looked as if he would die trying not to snap at the doctor, but finally he just nodded consenting.

            The doctor laid a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t borrow trouble. Take this one step at a time. You’ll get through this.”