{Chapter 31}

"Do you have practice this afternoon?" Eric asks through the phone as I slip on a pair of high waist ripped jeans. Right now I am getting ready to go to hell, and I am very tired. Yesterday all of the cheerleading girls and I practiced our tumbling, cheers, and chants then right after that we trained with the track girls. We ran from here to school which takes about twenty minutes, we ran around the track, did drills, stretches then ran back to my house.

I am so tired and my body is so sore, I can barely move. But, I guess that is what I get for joining two teams that you have to stay in shape for.

"No, which I am grateful for. I practiced all day yesterday for both of my teams." I say with a sigh buttoning up my pants and look through my drawer to find some socks.

"If you don't have anything planned for this afternoon, would you like to come to my place. I would love to show you it since I moved out of my parents house back then." He says and I slip on my socks then throw on my thunderbird Jordan's.

"Sure." I say as I walk into my bathroom to start putting on make up.

"Good. I guess I'll see you later then." He says on the other line and I nod my head but remember that he can't see me.

"Alright, have a good day." I say with a smile.

"You too, bye."

"Bye."

I hang up my phone with a sigh and start applying eyeliner to my eyes. My relationship status is 'we are going out' but I don't feel the same like it used to be. It is still kind of awkward to be around him, now I have to go to his place who knows what he wants to do.

I still haven't told my friends that we are going out yet, I can just hear Christina scolding me now. Luckily everyone was too busy yesterday to even ask me how it went, even Christina. Now, we are at school and I am sure they are going to ask me.

I put on some red lipstick and I go back out to my bedroom and slip on some gold earrings that I got from Rue 21 off of my dresser, I put on a real gold chain and I pull my hair into a bun too tired to blow dry it or style it. I throw my black hooded jacket on and I tie the strings together but don't zip it up.

I sling my backpack over my shoulders and place my phone in my front pocket. I don't bother making my bed before I am dashing down the steps. Caleb is eating breakfast while reading a book, I don't know which book because he reads so many.

I grab a brown sugar cinnamon pop tart since Caleb didn't decided to make me breakfast, I tell him goodbye and my keys, and my Gatorade on the way out of the door. I go to my Challenger and start my car up, I get  and let the engine warm up before I pull out.

+++

"So, are you finally going to tell me how that date was with Eric?" Christina asks as we make our way to the cafeteria, the other girls went ahead to get a good table but we are just now getting there.

"I told you, it was fine." I say shrugging my shoulders as I pull open the door and I see Mr. Amico, our school admin, holding a walkie-talkie as he paces back and forth with the security guard. Some days we would have school monitors for lunch which sucks because they are always breathing on your neck telling you that you are too loud. That is only when we are bad though, like Friday, we basically had a food fight and that gave us silent lunch on Tuesday and we can't eat outside because everyone would be outside.

"Tris, you've known me since before we were born." Christina says and I chuckle setting my things down at the table the girls chose and we go to the line to grab some unhealthy food. "We were diva's in diapers, you know I need details. Especially when your best-friend goes on a date with her ex-boyfriend who is in college now."

I put a cup of large fries on my tray with some dauntless cake like Christina and I decide to get some chips that were being sold in here. I really don't care for their food here, it's not that fake but it isn't like really fake like other schools. The meat is real though, and vegetables, and fries. Everything else, I am not so sure about. But most of the food is bum. We both get drinks from the soft drink fountain and we go back to our table.

"How was your date with Eric?" Shauna asks and Christina purses her lips at me making me roll my eyes. I take a seat and put my fork in my cake taking a bite.

"See, I'm not the only one." Christina points her plastic fork at me and then picks up a strawberry.

"It was fine, he took me to the pit. Then, I thought we were going back to my place but he took me on like the overview of the city and then he told me all these things." I say as butterflies fill my stomach, nervous butterflies. "We might be going back out." I murmur with my head down.

"What?" Lynn says tilting her head so her left ear is facing me.

"I said we might be going back out." I say a little bit louder and Shauna almost spits out her drink while Christina and the others gasp loudly.

"WHAT!" Christina screeches and the cafeteria turns deadly quiet and everyone turns to us.

"Excuse me!" Christina says ignoring the fact that everyone is watching us. Lynn is laughing while Shauna sits there confused, Marlene is blushing from everyone looking our way and my arms are crossed staring at Christina with a 'why in the hell are you so loud' look.

"Bruh." Lynn says and cracks into more laughter.

"You guys are way too loud." Mr. Amico says and my eyes narrow in a 'don't you think we know that already' way and I roll my eyes.

"You are going back out with that douche bag?" Christina hisses as everyone starts talking but it doesn't get as loud as it was before.

"Well, I gave him a second chance." I shrug my shoulders staring down at my tray as I push my cake around.

"You were always the one giving people second chances." Christina rolls her eyes shaking her head and starts eating her food.

"Am I the only one confused on why you two broke up, he looks like a freaking Greek god." Shauna says biting in a fry and I groan loudly rolling my eyes, I don't want to bring up the fact on why we broke up if we just got back together three days ago. It makes me want to change my mind, and if I change my mind he will ask me why, and if he asks me why then I would have to give an explanation, and if I would give an explanation then he would get pissed, then when he gets pissed I get pissed.

"He cheated." Christina spits with anger. "And, the reason I am angry is because I don't want him hurting Tris again, let alone her getting back with him."

"Well, let's see how it goes. Let's see if he changes and if he doesn't or cheats, I will let you know Christina. Then you can pounce on him and beat him like the little rabid monkey you are." I say with a smile and she chuckles.

"Shut up." She throws a fry at me and we all laugh.