{Chapter 21}

I sit on the couch waiting for the girls to come over so we can start the baking which has to be displayed Monday, which is tomorrow, and there is a lot to do. We got our lists approved by Coach, and she loved each item that we chose.

So she gave us a suggestion to where every girl would bring something whether it was flour, eggs, sprinkles, or sugar. We all pitched in some type of way, and they decided to bake at my house since my kitchen has double wall stoves and a big island.

But Christina is going to be the "captain" she is going to give out orders and taste the frosting's and batters making sure everything is good before it goes into the oven . . . which I am glad for.

I hear the sound of feet thundering down the steps making me instantly think of something.

"Caleb!" I shout and I hear his feet stop around the seventh out of fourteen steps.

"Yeah?" He says with a small sigh, annoyed with the question he knows I'm going to ask him, which involves him going back up the steps to retrieve something for me.

"Can you please turn around and look in my room, on my computer desk, my laptop should be sitting there plugged up. Can you bring both of them downstairs?" I yell up to him. "Please."

I hear him turning around and his feet running up the steps, about a minute or two I hear him running back down the steps bringing back the thunderous noise, it sounds like an elephant is running down the steps.

"Thanks." I say as he hands me my black, shiny, heavy item. He nods and I look him up and down, he is wearing khaki's with a red plaid button up shirt with long sleeves and red converse.

"Don't you look cute?" I say just as mom walks into the room in her work clothes. It's around three in the afternoon, I wonder why she is dressed . . . and she is off today.

"I have to go to work again, they need some help with filing. Caleb, stay out of trouble and Tris don't burn the house down. Your father is upstairs sleeping before he has to go back to work. Tris, wake him up at exactly five thirty. Do you understand me?" She says looking back and forth between Caleb and I and we both salute her while she kisses our foreheads and leaves.

"Where are you going?" I ask Caleb as he looks out of the window and I start my computer up, placing in my password and I crack my knuckles waiting for it to load.

"Out with the boys." Caleb says cringing at the so called annoying noise.

"Where are you going?" I ask once again with a little raise in my voice, obviously he's not getting my drift.

"The pit." He says with a whine rolling his eyes at me and I ignore him starting up my Google chrome and then going to Pandora.com

"Have fun for me." I say with my voice fake cracking and he smirks. "I have to stay here and bake all day." I say and he chuckles.

"You mean all week. The bake sale lasts all week baby, and I am expecting a brother discount." He says patting my on my shoulder walking away from the window.

"Discount my as-" I start but there is a knock at the door making Caleb cackle with laughter and he walks to the door, asking who it is first. I couldn't hear who but he opens the door.

"HEYY!" The person shouts and I grab the first thing I see which so happens to be a pillow, which I throw at the person, the loud crazy person, also known as Uriah.

"Shut up!" I whisper shout rolling my eyes. "My dad is trying to sleep stupid."

"My bad, shorty." He says sitting beside me handing me the pillow and I roll my eyes as the way at 'greeted' me.

"Don't you guys have to go?" I ask as all of the boys pile in sitting down on the couch or floor.

"It's not happy hour yet." Will says looking down at his watch and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Also known as stripper hour." Zeke says happily holding his hand up to Four, who just blankly stares at his best friend and fist bumps his palm.

My mouth falls open at Zeke's words.

"There aren't strippers there, right?" I ask Al who just chuckles shrugging his shoulders, playing dumb making me pout and cross my arms over my chest.

"Why jealous?" Four asks me as the boys get into their own conversations about the football game that comes on tonight, which they are also going to take part in watching tonight at the pit.

"No." I scoff staring at him as he sits in front of me.

"Especially, not for you. I would not be a stripper." I say uncrossing my arms as I put in my password and username for the Pandora website.

"You look like you would be a stripper after high school." He says making my mouth fall open and my face to flush.

"Kidding!" He says with a chuckle and I furrow my eyebrows at him a playful smile forming at my mouth.

"You think about me being a stripper?" I say and it's his turn for his mouth to fall and cheeks to flush.

"Wha-Wha- NO!" He says and I purse my lips together and stare at him.

"You sure?" I say and then there is a quick pause.

"Yes." He says and I let out a short laugh.

"You sound unsure there buddy." I say standing on my feet, my laptop and charger placed in my hand.

"Whatever." He grumbles like an old man and I continue to giggle and walk into the kitchen. I place my laptop on the counter, I don't start the music yet but I pull out the ingredients that I know we need like; flour, eggs, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oil.

"Alright, Beatrice, we are leaving now." Uriah says stepping into the kitchen as I am pulling out the measuring utensils and I stick my middle finger up at him for using my 'real' name.

"Aw, Mr. Prior." Uriah starts covering his mouth mocking an elementary student who witnessed another student doing or saying something bad and I let out a little laugh walking into the living room brushing past him.

"Don't be out too late Caleb, you all still have school tomorrow." I say crossing my arms leaning against the arch frame that separates the kitchen and living room.

"Alright, mom." He says with a chuckle rolling his eyes and the all wave at me leaving the house and I lock the door behind him. A few minutes later while I pull up most of the recipes on Pintrest, a knock on the door happens and I walk to the door.

"Who is it?" I ask with my ear perched near the door.

"The girls." They say in a chorus way making me chuckle opening the door and letting them in, it's going to be a long night.