Chapter 1// Just friends

"No, Cole; but nice try" I said with a smile, rolling my eyes at my brother.

He was infamous for trying to make me help him get girls. "Serious Chlo? I'll bet you she digs THE cole wagner."

He was too much. "Ha ha, very funny. Now, if you'd excuse me brother I have important things to do."

Shaking his head, he got up from my bed and shot me a look with his piercing blue eyes. They were genetically the best trait that ran in my family. We all had blue eyes, and generally speaking, blonde hair. Cole and I were no exception.

"You? important things to do, on a saturday? Nice try." He turned to walk down the hall then yelled, "You're coming today right?"

Obviously. "Wouldn't miss it!"

My brother played for red land little league, and today was their last game of reigonals. If they won this, they would represent the mid-atlantic section for the little league world series. If they lost, then they would be second in the mid-atlantic region.

I always went to their games. One, i loved the game of baseball; and wasnt too bad at softball myself. Two, The boys on the team were all like brothers to me; and i loved to support my brother.

Taking a peak at my alarm clock, it was currently 11 AM. His game was at two, which made no sense because he wasn't dressed and my dad hadn't started to warm him up yet.

He was definitely last minute.

Yawning hardcore because I hadn't got much sleep last night after our school's football game, I decided to get myself together and shower.

My shower was right across the hall, and I shared it with Cole. He was actually really tidy; so it wasn't too much of a pain.

After jumping in the shower, i set my hair into two french braids so i could take them out before the game and have my hair be wavy.

I walked back into my bedroom, and stared blatantly at my closet. Choosing outfits was the hardest thing ever for me. It wasn't that I had no clothes, because I had plenty, it was just that I couldn't pick anything.

"Ugh, i literally have nothing" I mumbled to myself.

"Oooh, Chloe trying to impress someone at my game?" Cole sing-songed, sneaking his head into my room.

I gestured to myself with my hands and raised an eyebrow, "Me? Impressing someone on your team?"

He smiled and ruffled his hair a little before putting his hat on. "True, it was a pretty left field idea."

"You got that right - dont worry about me though! You've got a game to get too."

"You're right; see you there!" He left then.

*

Finally deciding on light-wash jeans, uggs, and a wagner jersey, I ran down the steps quickly. My mom beeped twice from the sudan, and I eagerly hopped in.

"So, So, so sorry- clothing crisis. I had nothing to wear," i panted, and slammed the door as she pulled out.

Shooting me a look, my mom turned off our street and went at a fast pace. Knowing this was an important game, she would hate to miss it. Heck, I was even a little upset we were late.

She finally interrupted the silence once we'd stopped at a red light, "so chloe, i heard from cole that you have a homecoming dance coming up?"

I nodded nonchalantly, "Yeah, like next week or something?"