Live for Me (Naruto fanfiction)

Disclaimer. I don't own any of the naruto characters.

Prologue.

Deep in Orochimaru's secret hideout laid a young raven haired teenage boy.

He was laying on his bed thinking. Remembering.

At the moment he was going through his flaws. Now, Sasuke wasn't one to have many flaws. Every flaw he had was demolished within a short period of time. So much time he had in this lonely place to train and forget. Forget about Konah. Forget about Kakashi. Forget about Naruto. Forget about Sakura. Memories, feelings, were flaws.

To feel for someone else can put your own life at risk. Sasuke had put his life on the line for his two teammates more than once. Now that he thinks back he realizes how idiotic it was to put someone else's life before his.

If he dies who will kill Itachi?

He remembered the time during the chunnin exams. He had woken up to a dull ache in his neck and a wet white cloth on his forehead. Chakura and power surged through him. He remembers it all. When his red eyes landed on Sakura, bruised, bloody, disheveled Sakura, anger also pulsed through him. He had gone exceedingly defensive when he saw what the sound nin had done to her. He had ripped the arms of one of the guys who attacked her, for g-ds sake! He was at his peak of anger and revenge when it only took two frail arms being wrapped around his torso for him to calm down. His curse mark had retreated and he collapsed in her arms. He had asked Orochimaru about what could cause the curse mark to recoil. His snake like teachers answer angered him even more. Deep feeling could only cause it to stop. If it was anyone but her to stop him they would have been dead. His feelings for her saved her life.

Feelings sometimes put people off their main priority. The Sharingan user knew he couldn't let anything or anyone get in the way of getting what he wants. Revenge.

Yet, some flaws are harder to sever than others. One obvious flaw was his unbeatable brother and how he couldn't seem to win against him. The other flaw was his feelings.

Sakura. Where he was able to forget about Kakashi, Naruto, and all the other villagers, he couldn't seem to forget about her. Her smile, her laugh. Her cherry blossom pink hair. Her beautiful big green eyes. Her angelic face.

He hated her for making him love her.

Yes, he admits to his feelings. It took 1 and a half years for him to realize it. He knew he felt stronger for her than anyone else when he couldn't get her last words out of his head and couldn't forget her enchanting face.

He recalled to their encounter when his weak replacement gave him a load of crap on friendship and comrades. Her matured, shock filled face still sticks to him. She was filled with horror at the sight of her injured friend and surprised at the sight of him standing way above her. If it was even possible, she got prettier. He remembered when she ran to him, ready to send her chakura powered fist at him. He couldn't deny the feeling of relief and gratitude when the wood style using Sensai took the sword for her.

Even now, he wonders weather or not he'd swing his sword at her or take her punch so he wouldn't have to hurt her.

His glare intensified as he thought of his situation.

She was just a girl! It was true she had gotten stronger over the years, but she was still weak. Where she was driven by desire to become stronger Sasuke was driven by revenge.

It was stupid that he was so whipped he'd actually put her in the same category as Itachi. The Akatsuki member could kill her in 5 minutes yet he found himself finding her almost as much of a threat as Itachi. Itachi could overpower him physically and a little mentally but Sakura, oblivious to the power she had to him, could really hurt him mentally.

He knew he shouldn't love her. He knew he couldn't love her. Why delude himself into thinking he could ever be with her. He severed every chance of a relationship when he literally stabbed her in the back. Yet he couldn't help but fantasize. He once had a flicker of a dream where he saw a raven haired boy with Sakura's nose, mouth, and face but his eyes. He remembered a feeling of.................warmth in his chest when he saw it. That warmth in his chest only made him angrier.

How badly he wished things were differently.

Ever since the demise of practically all the Uchiha's, Sasuke was never really the same.

When he received all that attention from his teachers and the whole female population around his age, he only shunned them. The only peoples praises he wished for were dead. He no longer had little childish worries. He was haunted by dark thoughts no one should ever have the displeasure of thinking.

When he was put with team 7, he never thought they would be like a second family to him. He thought team 7 would only be the group of people he was forced to train with and go on missions with. He made a best friend. He developed a small crush which he locked up. For a short number of times in Konah he would forget about Itachi. He couldn't do that here. Orochimaru was a busy man. He spent very little time with Sasuke now a days. So Sasuke would train, eat, and occasionally learn something new. So much time he had to think. To remember.

Even now he wonders what she's doing, what she's thinking. Was she still thinking of him? Did she still love him? Probably not. She watched him assault her whole team. She heard him talk about how he plans to destroy any and every bond he has. He was a monster. No one could love him.

But now even Sasuke knew if was hard to fall out of love. He invested so much of his time trying to forget about his feeling for her but to no avail. If he struggles to stop he wonders if it is hard for her.

His hands balled up in fists, nails digging deep into his palms. He should be training right now! Not staring at bare, grey walls while thinking about his feelings! He got off the cold bed and headed to the training area. Because that's all he can do now.

Train. So one day he can get revenge.

It's not like he could do anything else.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

prologue

Is it good?

It's a naruto fanfiction.

They'll be more couples and stuff

Vote

Comment

Fan