Chapter 24 Maxim

"We're not going to make it if you don't go any faster," I whined. We weren't going to get to Zane's place if we continued at this pace.

Two days, Max. Seth spoke in my head. And within those two days you have to learn to change quickly.

"How long does it usually take?"

Usually about two to five minutes after the initial transformation. You need to be able to change within five seconds.

"And I only have two days to figure this out?"

Sorry, Max, but if you really love my sister, you'll find a way. That's what I have learned being with...

Seth trailed off. Mindy was still on his mind. Especially after remembering everything that had happened. I couldn't imagine how he felt right now. The only person he had left was on her way to die. She wasn't thinking straight and was ruining the entire dragon future. We had no choice, but to stop her.

____________________________________________________________________________

Sky pushed you off that cliff, right? Seth asked in my head.

I had to remember back to that day. It felt so long ago that Sky had broken my heart by pretending that we had a chance then soon after said we had nothing. She was trying to make me a dragon.

"Yeah. Said that was how she was taught or something." I responded.

We were both taught in that way, actually. So, I figured, that's how I'll teach you.

"Wait, what?" my face paled.

I can have you off fall off my back. Don't worry, I'll catch you if you can't change, but this is the best way that would get that part of you to change again.

"I don't know, Seth," I looked down to the ground. Because Seth was so high in the sky, I couldn't see the earth below.

Trust me.

I nodded. "I do."

Here goes nothing.

Seth flipped upside down and I began my fall to the ground.

"Oh my gosh!" I yelled.

Remember to push out your limbs!

I tried to listen to Seth's instructions, but nothing was working. Instead I began screaming again.

Push. Out. Your. Limbs. Seth yelled in my brain. It was beginning to give me a headache.

I tried and tried, but nothing came of it and now the ground was getting clearer and clearer.

"Seth!" I screamed as loud as I could. My life was in his hands and I thought it was the end.

Suddenly, I was being wrapped up in vines and it was pushing me back to the sky toward Seth. My breaths were short and heavy from fear of death.

"Sometimes I really think you're trying to get me killed because you don't want me with your sister." I said through gasps.

Who me? Not want my sister to date? Seth said sarcastically in my head. She's my sister. Do you really think I want her to date?

"How should I know? I never had a sister."

You know I don't care, Max. I'm glad that it's you who get to be with her and not a total stranger. We met when we were younger and Sky is close to you.

I smiled a little.

After several minutes, my breath calmed and I was breathing normally again. I laid down on Seth's back to calm down and I accidently fell asleep.