Chapter 1

My life was a nightmare, but it was a journey as well. I mean, people were after me, yet I never knew where I would up each day of my life. One day I could be pleasantly living with humans and that very night I would be fleeing for my life.

Most of the time, I spent two weeks to a month in a certain school as myself and a day or two as someone who has been absent for a while so I could plan where I was heading to next. In reality, my hair was as dark as my living hell. My eyes "popped" compared to my classmates at Julio Monro High School. They could be white, light blue, grey, or light blue that was mottled with white. I stood at exactly six foot; taller than everyone in school minus a few boys. I needed to be intimidating to my enemies.

I ran to the bus stop, but I was too late. The yellow vehicle pulled away, leaving me in the dust. As I sighed, I looked around to make sure no one was watching. "First time this has happened," I said out loud.

Quickly, I ran back to my little campsite in the middle of no where. I had to get to school before the bell rang and not as a giant flying machine. I couldn't fly to school...I wasn't like normal dragons.

I jumped onto my dirt bike and began driving to school. My bike was still wet from the early spring dew, so I had to drive standing up. Otherwise, the kids would make fun of me, mainly the boys. Most of them were smoking hot, but they treated me like I was invisible. However, they were all checking me out. I mean, guys think girls don't notice, but we always notice.

I pulled into a lot across from the school. I parked my bike and grabbed my books. I had to unstrap them fast unlike the other times where it took me forever.

The bell rang just as I stepped into the classroom.

As I sat in my seat, I smelled something. It wasn't a normal high school stench like B. O. in the hallways or smoke in the bathroom. No, this smell I was all too familiar with. It was the everyday dragon smell. Soon, I would most likely be under attack.

As I searched the classroom, I realized there was a new student. She was actually...beautiful. Her golden lockes could have been gold from heaven. Her pale skin ran chills though my spine. No one should even be close to that white. The girl's eyes were a stormy grey. They were like thunderclouds. She was tall, but not as tall as me. Maybe five foot, eight inches.

Her eyes bore holes into chest. For some reason, that's where she was looking. Like I said, she was gorgeous, but she looked terrifying; like a harmless bird ready to pounce on its prey. She was the bird and I was the unsuspecting prey.

A puff of air blew her scent towards me and something was off about her. She was 100 percent dragon, but she smelt...sweeter than my enemy dragons. I never smelt anything like her, except for my late brother...

I turned away. It was weird to stare at her and she stare right back with a nasty glare. Why she watched my chest, I have no idea, but it began to freak me out.

The teacher walked in and began taking attendece. I was in the very front seat of the entire class. Quickly, I found out the girl's name was Mindy Delgado. She hadn't sat down yet probably because she was new and all of the seats were filled. My physics class was filled to the brim with us eleventh graders. No room for you dragon. Find another class.

The young lady stood in the front of classroom awkwardly. She had no books or pencils. Her hand played with her hair making it dance in the sunlight coming through the little window.

"Calm down class, " Ms. Elkmar said although no one was making a peep.

"We have a new student today." She said, gesturing towards Mindy.

Mindy's face reddened like a cherry, red tomato ready to be ripped from the bush. She looked down. I noticed her blonde hair was completely natural. It was never dyed.

Ms. Elkmar looked around the classroom. Everyone was expressionless. She a pulled chair next to my desk. "You are the smartest, "she barely whispered, "in this school. Mindy has all the same classes with you. Show her around for the week."

I nodded; screaming in the inside.

She skipped over to the chair and sat down next to me. As she sat, her stormy gray eyes sparkled. I scooted as far away from her as I could get without falling out of my seat and onto the cool floor.

"Hi, " she said, "I'm Mindy Delgado."

Her voice was soft and calling. Oh gosh she must be about to control minds to. I'm dead!

I gave her a little smile and paused before saying, "I'm Sky Taylor. "

"Sky Taylor? "

I nodded.

"That's a really pretty name." Mindy said with a smile that revealed perfect white teeth. They were so white that they made her lips look exactly like blood.

"Thanks."
-------------------------------------------------------------
The bell finally rang and Ms. Elkmar let us leave immediately. Mindy follwed right beside me like a cute puppy trying to learn from an older dog.
"Where to next, Sky? " Mindy asked me. Having her follow me around was bound to get annoying.

"English." I mumbled.

"Oh. Cool!!! So you're the smart one around here? You take ask all of the advanced classes, right?

"Yeah, if that's that you wanna call it."

"Well, Ms. Elkmar seems to think so."

"I guess."

She was silent for a little.

"I heard you're new too? "

"Been here a couple weeks now."

Mindy seemed pretty nice. She was a very 'upbeat' person, but that didn't mean anything. She was the enemy, but there was something about her, that I just couldn't put my finger on. Something was up and I was caught in the middle.