Chapter 5

"Did you seriously just show me this?" I yelled. "Are you insane?!"

Mindy looked to the ground as her scales became her curly, blonde hair and pale, almost white skin. Her scales explained why she was so white, but both ways, she was gorgeous. I honestly had never seen anyone so beautiful.

"What do you mean?" She said in a small voice.

"WHY WOULD YOU SHOW ANOTHER DRAGON THIS INFORMATION?!"

She looked up with excitement lit up in her eyes. "I knew it! I knew you were a dragon!"

My face paled. How did I manage to say that?! I thought to myself.

"Don't play dumb. I know you're a dragon. I've known since I first saw you."

"H-How?" I asked like an idiot.

"I can stare into someone's mind in a way. I can see everything that has happened to them with ease and a few things that will happen, but that's not very often."

"Are you here to capture me?"

"Capture you? Why on earth would I want to capture you?"

"You must not have looked deep enough into my soul." I turned my back on her.

"What do you mean? I've seen everything about you!"

"Alright," I said, "what am I?"

"You're a -"

"Don't say dragon. Yes, I am, but what kind...."

"I didn't know there were different types of dragons."

"There are four different types of dragons."

"Wait, are you talking about..."

I forced my arms and legs out. My wounds were still not completely healed from my clash with Clyde so I tried not to screech. It hurt to change, but it felt nice at the same time. I loved my scales and the electricity that flowed through my veins grow warmer and warmer.

Mindy's mouth became an "O". She fell to her knees. "I'm sorry! I-I didn't-"

I changed back into my human form. "What are you talking about? Mindy, I don't care! Get up, please. Don't ever do-"

"But you are Queen Dragon! Everyone-"

"Mindy, I. Am. Wanted."

She was silent.

"I'm wanted for 400 gold coins and a place on the throne. If I am caught, they will kill me and Queen Dragon will never reincarnate again. They will murder me with human blood and I won't stand a chance.

"I am cursed with this dragon crap. My parents didn't want me or my brother. We were just a waste of space to them. They didn't care and they never would. I'm only in this stupid house because I needed a place to stay that I knew was safe."

"I'm sorry... " Mindy said.

"And now I have to worry about-"

"Sky?"

"What?!"

"I-I'm Princess dragon..."

I was silent. Could it be true? Can she prove it to me or is she lying?

"Prove it," I said folding my arms and turning towards her.

"I can't prove anything." She said watching me.