Chapter Twenty: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Start from the beginning

"Shit, I'm sorry Rachel I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable and now I've just ruined our lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm going to go and put my head in the microwave, feel free to hate me."

I hastily got up off the sofa wanting to be as far away from Rachel as possible, I also needed to make a mental note to delete the video footage before the guys had a reason to mock me for the rest of my life. But before I could move more than five steps her hand darted out and grabbed my wrist quite forcefully bringing me to a stop.

"Chris don't put your head in the microwave. It just took me a bit by surprise, do you want to know why?"

"Why?"

Curiosity got the better of me and I sat back down next to her, her hand left my wrist and entwined her fingers through mine.

"I didn't know you thought like that Chris. I mean yes I do want to have children in the future and I very much would like them to be with you. But we can't think of children until we're married, oh god am I freaking you out now?"

My mouth opened and then closed like a gold fish at her mention of marriage. Of course I was thrilled when she pretty much stated that she was going to have my children, but she wanted to be hitched first to keep it traditional which I understood. I shook my head.

"No you're not freaking me out Rachel, wow we really are an odd couple aren't we? But that does lead me to the whole point of spending the day together.'

"What do you mean Chris?"

She tilts her head to the side. It was now or never to ask the big question.

"I have an important question to ask you Rachel."

I got up and she gasped covering her mouth with her hand as I knelt down on one knee in front of her, which was a typical reaction you got in the movies and on TV. I fumbled slightly to get the little black box out of my hoodie pocket before taking a deep breath and looking the girl I loved in the eyes.

"Ever since you came into my life Rachel you've made it so much better than it was. Without you I wouldn't have an organised tea cupboard or a regular cleaning schedule. I also wouldn't have found a reason to smile and laugh again, we started off as friends and then we helped build each other up. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and hopefully you feel the same way or this whole speech is pretty pointless. Enough rambling by me, Rachel Watts will you marry me?"

I popped open the box and saw tears in Rachel's eyes as she admired the ring.

"Of course I'll marry you Chris, I wouldn't be anything without my lovable dork and fat ass."

I put the ring on her extended finger and had just enough time to brace myself before she jumped off the sofa and into my arms. This was probably the happiest day of my life; never in a million years did I ever think I'd find my other half and marry her. Yet here I was with an amazing girlfriend who I could now call my fiancé and then in the future my wife and mother of my children.

"This would have been so awkward if you said no Rachel."

She threw her head back and laughed before latching her arms around my shoulders.

"That's our thing Chris, we will also be that awkward couple. Now kiss your future wife."

I did as she commanded and kissed her passionately. We stayed in each other's embrace until Rachel pulled back and wiggled her eyebrows suggestively before motioning to the bedroom over her shoulder.

"I think we should continue this in the bedroom Mr Kendall. Because firstly I want to, and secondly because the guys really weren't that subtle hiding the cameras and I don't fancy them watching us having sex."

So she'd seen the cameras and didn't question me, I shuddered at the thought of three of my closest friends watching me have sex on their computers. We were close friends, but not that close.

"That can be arranged Mrs Kendall."

Rachel grinned before pecking my lips.

"I like the sound of that Chris, it has a nice ring to it."

I somehow stood up while still keeping a hold of her without being my clumsy self and falling over something. I carried her bridal style towards the bedroom but not before stopping and winking at one of the cameras.

"I'm going to be the best husband Rachel. I can't wait to plan the wedding together."

In my arms she scoffed and shoved my shoulder.

"You can help plan the wedding by agreeing with all my choices babe."

I rolled my eyes before shutting the bedroom door with my foot. I had a feeling just planning the wedding alone was going to be a whole new hurdle for the two of us to climb. Well at least we'd get to climb it together and hopefully we'd have a smooth ride, but since when has anything in our lives leading up to this moment been smooth? One word, never.