Chapter Eleven - Risky Business

Start from the beginning

            Oh, Cole you are going down.

            I know this isn’t as bad as what Cole did to me; but really he had more of a reputation to rip to shreds than I did. He had further to fall. Sure, doing something drastic to me would pretty much change everyone’s opinion of me, but think about it…. Digging up shocking photos of the Bad Boy as a nerds, violin-playing geek? I think we all know who would win that competition.

            I had no problem with Cole’s appearance. People are allowed to look and be whatever they want. If he wanted to play the violin and wear glasses, I had no problem with that. I personally needed thick-rimmed reading glasses, but I wore contacts instead. Not because I was vain and worried about my appearance, I just found contacts more comfortable.

            But I knew the people of Alderidge High weren’t as accepting as I was. They were more worried about make-up then accepting others for who and what they are. Probably the reason Cole Adams transformed himself for them.

            I smirked as a thought came to mind: Alderidge High School: Where The Skirts Are Higher Than The Grades. I know, I know. I’m terrible.

            I sent the message from my anonymous account, Poppy Withers, to the biggest gossip in the school, Geri Nicholson. I would’ve sent it to the most popular girl in the school, Jade Somers, but something told me she wouldn’t be impressed or post it. She was head cheerleader and very good friends with Cole. But Geri wouldn’t be able to pass up this opportunity.

            With a malicious grin I began typing the message,

            Dear Geri,

            I stumbled across this picture on the Internet of Cole Adams. I thought that I HAD to show you.

            Sincerely,

            Poppy

            That was all I had to do. By tomorrow morning everyone in this school would know about it. His reputation would be ruined. I grinned, satisfied. Our pranking war was over, Now I could go on living life like normal.