A Monster With A Family

Chapter 42 - A Monster With A Family

Snap!

As I heard the sound something snapped inside of me as I moved, every head it the room turned to the sound. It was Rosa's neck. The room fell silent, waiting for our reaction. Knowing Rosalba longer, as if she were my own daughter, I was the first one to react. Lunging at the man who held Rosa, I shoved him into the wall and grabbed my little girl from him. Once I had her in my arms I quickly zipped over to the other side of the room and into the shadows.

She wasn't breathing and her eyes were empty. No light, no emotion, no life. Rosa was dead.

I looked up, my eyes zeroed on the man who killed her. He was just recovering from my attack, which was nothing compared to what he had coming. I gently set Rosa on the ground, Stefan and Elena were next to us instantly, in a protective stance. They were prepared to protect Rosa even if her life was gone.

Standing up I felt something poke me from inside my boot. Reaching down into the black leather boot on my right foot I found a dagger. It was covered in symbols and in some ancient language it said something along the lines 'Destruct the Indestructible' well that's all I could make out. These vampires were 'Indestructible' unless they were caught by the furry of heat and pain known as fire.

I glanced down, realizing what I was wearing for the first time after leave the cell where I was trapped. Someone changed me, and I wasn't t happy about that. I was wearing some jeans, a tight fitting black t-shirt and of course my boots. Then I had the Volturi crest on a chain around my neck.

Yanking off the necklace, I looked down at the dagger. Smirking, I silently thankied whoever gave it to me. I finally looked back up at the man who just ruined my life. Within seconds, I threw the dagger at his head.  It whistled through the air, sliced through his neck and the dumbass's head went flying. The man's screams filled the air. I stalked over to where his body was, took out my lighter and watched as the man turned to ash.

I felt myself return to the old me. I was changing back into the monster I was before I met Rosa. The monster that killed for fun. The monster that killed her love. But I could really care less at the moment.

I grabbed the dagger and after wiping it off I stalked over to Aro.

"She was only 9." I stated once I was in front of him. "Why the hell did you kill her?"

"If I can't have her than no one can." He spat in my direction.

"That's where your wrong, Aro. I can see you all are prepared with vervain so I can't compel you to do things, but that doesn't mean I can't force you." Then I flashed over behind Jane. She was short and blond. Only a teen and she had a twin.

I grabbed her from behind and put the dagger to her throat. "Let go of me bitch!" She started to struggle. I recently fed earlier, so I was stronger and had the advantage. Even if I didn't drink any blood I would still be stronger.

"Burn your master." I whispered to her, but everyone could hear. "I know you want to."

"No!" Struggling even more and her brother tried to help her.

I whispered more convincing words to her and the last thing I said to her was, "You love him, but he doesn't feel the same way. Make him pay." Then she exploded and Aro was on the floor in pain. I let go of her, she let all of her frustration out on the people around her, especially the 3 leaders. She sparred no Volturi member except her brother.

For a second, I felt bad for Edward as I saw people on the ground in pain. He heard every thought of pain and agony. He helped me out, but then again this was all his fault.

That's when I heard a sound that would change my life forever. A cold dead heart  that slowly started beating again. Turning around I couldn't believe my eyes. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, because Rosalba was breathing. I stood frozen as I watched her. Her chest rised and fell numourous times before she slowly sat up and looked around. Her green eyes landed on me and then she smiled.

I felt the monster inside me go away. It felt as if I were shedding a second layer of skin the way snakes do. All my anger went away as I saw her alive.

She started to get up and I ran over to her. She gave me a big hug and I hugged her back thanking whoever brought her to life. But then I realized how stupid I was. She had Damon's blood flowing threw her veins. Of course she would come back as a vampire.

As soon as Damon saw Rosa in my arms he darted over to us, along with Stefan and Elena. All he said was, "Let's get out of here." I nodded and we made our way out of the castle, leaving all the chaos behind.

Once we were away from the Volturi Castle and out of the city, Rosa needed to feed. What she was going to hunt was a problem.

Damon, her father, believed that Rosa should feed off humans and be as strong as she possibly could. Stefan, her uncle, wanted his niece to feed off animals like him. He said that it would keep her soul pure.

What did Elena do? Nothing. What did I do? Nothing. We just watched them argue while Rosa laid on my lap. I thought it would be best for Rosa to make her own choices about her food, it was her life after all. After awhile watching my brothers argue started to get boring. That's when I finally interrupted them. "Rosalba needs to feed off a human first and then she should choose what she will do." I stood up with Rosa and took her hand then led her back into the city.

"Where are we going?" She asked as she skipped next to me.

"To get you something to drink."

"What are you getting me to drink?" She was so innocent. I hated to do this to her when she was so young, but I couldn't let her die.

I answered with one word. "Blood." And then it was silent. I finally found her a homeless person and let her drain him. Her fangs would be permanent now but she would be able to retract them like a cat's claws.

Once she was done Rosa looked up at me. Her hair was perfect but she had this wild look in her eyes and blood was dripping down her face from her mouth. She was now a vampire like me and soon she might be a monster like I once was. Hopefully my brothers, my sister (Elena) and I could keep her safe from turning into anything like that.

But she had one thing I never had when I first changed. A family.