Dodgeball

Chapter 15 - Dodgeball

I had a feeling that today would be interesting and  my intuition would prove to be right. In gym we were going to play dodgeball. A game that I once played with my brothers before it was an actual game.

Due to the fact that I was new and no one knew my skill level, no one wanted me on their team.

Feeling out of place for the first time in a long  time, I suggested boys vs girls. Everyone agreed to this and I noted that Jessicaand Lauren were on my team, who have not been very pleasent with me lately.

"Okay, if someone catches a ball, one person comes back in for the team that caught the ball. And the person that threw the ball is out. No headshots!" the teacher explained before letting us play. Once he was sure we understood the rules of the game, he blew the whistle.

Immediatly everyone ran towards the ball, every but me. I watched as most of the girls were out within the first few minutes. I was easily tired by my teams failure, so I decided it was time to step in.

It wasn't a fair game, the boys didn't stand a chance against me,

I caught a ball that was about to hit Angela and that person was out. Right away there is another red rubber ball flying at me, I easily dodged it.

While I was busy dodging the rubber balls, my whole team was out (including Angela, who I had saved a minute ago). I was left against the boys. Using my vampire abilties I listened into the conversation on how to take me down. They were planning on throwing all the balls at me at once.

And they did, but to their amazement it failed. I did a back flip and landed gracefully once all the balls hit the wall behind me. Nothing touched me while I was in the air. I heard gasps and smiled evilly.

I threw once rubber ball which took out 4 guys, then another which removed 2 and then it was me and Mike (my bloodbag).

As the adrenaline in my veins showed, the roar of cheering reached my ears only encouraged me. Glancing at the bleachers, I noticed that they were full, the whole school must be here. Apparently information about the dodgeball game traveled around school quickly and no one wanted to miss me going against the boys.

All the girls in the school were standing and clapping,  I was their hero for proving that girls can beat guys. During my stay here I had already noticed how sexist some men are here, which is something I plan on changing before I leave.

Looking around the space, I noticed the Cullens who were watching me curiously. Looking back I realized I was childish, but I couldn't help but stick out my tounge at them.

Using my abilities had increased my blood lust and as I stood in the confined space with humans, I felt my eyes become cat like and veins slowly startto show, looking away from my fans I had to run out of the space to regain my sanity.

EDPOV

I was stuck in the cafateria for study hall when I heard about the the game. There was a dodgeball game going on in gym today and I guess everyone wanted to see it. Someone saw that it was boys vs girls. What grabbed my attention was that Bella was on the girl team and would be participating in the event. Bella had changed, she was once a sweet and shy girl. Now she was confident, stubborn and she was obviously hiding something.

Rolling my eyes, as I have seen Bella do while looking at me, I made my way to the back of the gym where my family was waiting. "I can't see the future anymore!" Alice, the physic panicked.Her visions made her confident and relaxed them, but without them she was left defenseless and vunlerable. I could only assume those with gifts would feel naked without their gifts, God only knows how I would feel without my mind reading. Relieved, but horrified at the same time. If I could temporary turn it off I would, but not if it was permanent.

"Relax, I'm sure everything is fine." Jasper, her mate and fellow coven member, tried to sooth her.

I heard someone squeal and I looked out from the bland bleachers to the game. The beautiful, but strange Bella was just standing there watching everything. Her brown hair was swirling around her, her brown eyes had an evil glint to them and there was a smirk plastered to her face.

Just then she started to walk forward and she easily caught a ball that was about to hit Angela Weber.

Angela's thoughts were, Thank God she caught that! We're already loosing anyways. But ya never know, this is the first time Bella's actually participating.

Bella was spectacular! The rubber balls never hit her, unless she was catching them.

Finally everyone was out of the game except Bella and most of the boys. The boys were obviously dominating the game from their apperent vistory or so they thought.

You could tell when Bella decided to do something because when the boys threw all of the balls at her at once, she stepped forward and next thing you know she's doing a back flip, managing to dodge all of the red rubber balls and catch one.  A sinister smile graced her beautiful face in a disturbing way. When she threw the ball, it managed to hit two guys and they were both out.

Of course people gasped and soon the girls were all cheering. The beautiful creature known as Bella Swan turned around to face the crowd, smiling at her fans. In an act of immaturity, she stuck out her tongue when she saw my family and me.

Suddenly her eyes were different. I saw her pupils changing shape, dark veins snaked around her eyes and down her face. Before I could comprehend what was happening to her, she managed to run out of the gym. I looked to my family and they nodded. To humans there would be flashes of gold, and black as we ran outside.

Bella wasn't in the parking lot, but we found her near the forest taking her fustrations on an innocent tree.

BPOV 

I couldn't accept my lack of control in public. Being as old as I am, I shouldn't havelost it like that. I yearned for blood, my hunts have become less frequent and my throat seemed dry in the parking lot. The aroma was to much to handle.

Once I was outside of the school I made my way towards a tall tree. Reaching my destination, I punched the object in front of me letting out a big screech. "Stupid!...Cocky ass of a vampire!...Gah!....Klaus! Making me like him!!! UGH!" Gasps filled my ears and I regretted my rant. Twisting around I saw the Cullens staring (as usual). 

"You didn't hear what I just said and you never saw me. Got it?" I easily compelled them, they had weak minds compared to me. They nodded.

Running home, I regretted my slip up for I could of blown my cover.

----

Hey guys I am curious to see who read this story. Please comment on this chapter for me if you have made it this far in the reading.

Thanks guys

~Summer