Brothers

Chapter 26 - Brothers

"Damon? Stefan?" I whispered. They heard me and looked in my direction.

Damon was the same as ever. Same black hair, same amazing black eyes that were as dark as the night. Stefan didn't seem to change either, same hair, same green eyes that Father had.

I saw them blink twice. Damon was the first to recover. "Bella?" I smiled before walking back into the forest, knowing that they would follow me.

I heard them coming, and I start laughing. I was just thinking about them, and here they are. I must be delusional. No I'm not, they really are here.

"Bella, how are you alive?" Stefan asked me, breaking my train of thought.

"I could ask you the same thing." I walked up to him, quickly giving him a hug, then moved onto Damon. My brother held onto me, as though I would disappear at any given moment. Soon, Stefan joined in, and it was a family hug.

After a few moments I pulled back and smiled at them. "Look at us! The Salvatore children reunited!" I laughed happily. Damon laughed with me, but Stefan was all serious.

Then Stefan said, "Seriously Bella, what happened to you?"

"We'll talk about it later. Right now I have to go to school." I then walked past them and back into the parking lot.

"Why?" Damon asked, walking besides me. That's when I noticed Damon was wearing a black leather jacket, like me. Along with Stefan.

"Damon, you of all people should know why."

"You've changed."

"True."

"So why?"

We were in front of the main doors, and Stefan slipped past us to the human Katherine look alike. Everyone was watching, looking for new gossip. "Get to know the people here, and for certain reasons."

"What reasons?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I asked pissed. I hate it when people question me.

"Just trying to get to know you." He said, putting up in hands in a gesture of surrendering.

"Well it will take more than that, bro." I said before walking into school. Damon didn't follow me this time, but Stefan watched me make my way to the main office.

Walking out of school Damon showed up. "What?" I hissed at him.

"Can't I just walk with you?" he asked.

"Fine." I said, before walking towards the forest.

"Don't you have a car?"

"No, it's way more fun to run then drive a car." I mean who doesn't like to run? Besides humans.

"Where are you staying?"

"Nowhere. I'm fine by myself."

"But…"

"No Buts!" I yelled, then whispered, "I've been on my own for over 500 years, I think I can take care of myself."

~*~

Damon POV (A/N: Let me know what ya think)

I was on my way over to Stefan, I needed to relay important information to him before it was to late. There was another vampire in the area. Immediatly after sensing the new presence I made my way to Stefan. I wanted to protect Elena. She just happened to look like the girl I feel in love with over 500 years ago, Katherine and yet this human is she's nothing like her.

When I finally reached Stefan, my attention was captured by the young girl who mumbled my name.  "Damon? Stefan?" I quickly whipped my head around in the direction that the voice came from.

Standing there with stunned eyes, was none other than Bella. Her brown innocent eyes were huge, her long brown hair was longer than the last time I saw her. How could she be here, I thought she was dead.

She seemed to get over her shock, and I noticed that both Stefan and I were staring. I snapped out of it first. "Bella?" I whisper, knowing she could hear me. My little sister was alive. I thought she was dead. Well actually I thought she ran away once Stefan and I died, after father set up an engagement to some old guy. But I guess I was wrong.

She smiled and backed up into the forest. "Do you think it's really her?" Stefan asked, once he snapped out of it too.

"Who else would it be?"

"I'm not sure."

We followed her, once we hit the trees we actually tried to catch up with her, but she way to fast. She must be very powerful. That or she just fed.

She just started to laugh when we caught up with her. Why? I have no idea. I tried to read her mind, like I could with Stefan, but it was like nothing was there. Once she saw us, she stopped.

"Bella, how are you alive?" Stefan asked her. Yeah I really wanted to know too. But I knew not to push her.

"I could ask you the same thing." True, she should hear our story too. Bella walked up and hugged Stefan quickly, then came over to me. When she hugged be, I gave her a huge bear hug. Almost like I was holding onto her like she would disappear.

When she pulled out she laughed happily. . "Look at us! The Salvatore children reunited!" I laughed with her.

Stefan was all serious like he always was. "Seriously Bella, what happened to you?"

"We'll talk about it later. Right now I have to go to school." She walked past us, and headed towards the parking lot.

I followed her, and Stefan went over to Elena. "Why?" I asked her. I finally noticed she was wearing a black leather jacket like me, I think Stefan got the look from me. But why in the world would be all wearing a black leather jacket. Gotta be a family thing

"Damon, you of all people should know why."

"You've changed."

"True."

"So why?"

We were in front of the main doors. Everyone was watching. "Get to know the people here, and for certain reasons."

"What reasons?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" she asked. I could se that she was unhappy. "Just trying to get to know you."

"Well it will take more than that, bro." She walked into the school. Damn it! I couldn't go in there, because I wasn't registered. And I didn't want to be asked to leave. Listen to me! I'm sounding like a human!

When school was finally over I saw Bella walking out. I walked up to her and was walking next to her when she hissed, "What?"

"Can't I just walk with you?" I wanted to know what happened to her. But this was a conversation we couldn't have out in the open on front of humans.

"Fine." She walked towards the forest. What's with her and forests?

"Don't you have a car?"

"No, it's way more fun to run then drive a car." I know. Running is one of the best things about being a vampire. You're so fast no one can see you, besides other vampires. That is unless you were stronger than them.

"Where are you staying?"

"Nowhere. I'm fine by myself."

"But…"

"No Buts!" She yelled. Then whispered the last part, "I've been on my own for over 500 years, I think I can take care of myself."