Reaction

Chapter 19 - Reaction

EDPOV

How did she know? How did that human know? Bella just walked up to us during lunch and told us she knew what we were. How is that possible?

And what was that warning for anyway? 'Look just leave me alone and don't get in my way.' If we didn't leave her alone what would happen?

Bella Swan wasn't normal. All the signs were there. The dodge ball game could have been a huge hint. But why couldn't I remember some things whenever I thought about her. Like what was I doing the other night. I remember watching Bella one second then the next I'm back home for some no reason at all.

I was sitting in my car listening to music ditching biology because they were doing blood testing. I don't think I could stand to be in that room with Bella. She smelled delicious. I never wanted a human's blood more than I wanted hers. A long time ago I vowed  I wouldn't allow that side of me take control of me. If I did I would regret it.

Then that day she said to me, 'Times change. I know women have their rights and everything, but me….I don't. I made a deal with someone. I'll lose my freedom.' She made a deal? With who? Why would she loose her freedom? I would have to ask her sometime and see what she meant.

Speaking of Bella, I just happen to see her walking casually out of school.Getting out of my shiny, beloved car I called her name.

"What Edward?" She snapped at me,

"What are you doing out of class?" I asked as I walked up to her.

"I should be asking you that."

"Well you know what I am, and I don't think I'm strong enough to resist that much blood in one room."

"Yeah well you have your problems with blood, I have mine."

"So does that mean you're a vampire? Or that you faint at the sight of blood?" I asked and she froze.

"What do you think?"

"Well you have a heart beat, so I would say you faint." Yes she must of, because no human would need to get out of biology if blood was present. Or if the human was just skipping class.

"Yes, well I guess you could say that."

"Hey need a ride home?"

"No I'm good." She started to walk away but I decided to try something. I grabbed her around the waist and put her over my shoulder. Her long hair came to a stop was a bit ticklish as it went all over my back. Her legs were in front and she was kicking. "So not cool!"

I was laughing. Of course I was laughing, how could I not? "Yes it is."

"Put me down!" "No." "Yes! Put me down right now!" I open the car door and set her down. She crossed her arms as she waited for me to get in the car. I had to go at a human pace because someone might be watching.

"Where do you live?"

"Like you don't know."

I sighed, rolling my eyes before I took off. "What does your mother look like?" I asked suddenly curious about her.

"Um, she looks exactly like me, but prettier." I looked at her. "I have to much of my dad in me." If Bella isn't as beautiful as her mother then her mom must be gorgeous or Bella's lying.

"How old are you Bella?"

"I'm 17." She answered quickly. Was she older than what she appeared to be? Like me and my family?

"You don't seem 17."

I pulled up in front of her house. "Good bye, Edward." She stepped out of the car and closed the door. I rolled down the window before she could walk away.

"Bella, could you do one thing for me?"

"What?"

"Be safe this weekend." I said.

"Won't I see you tomorrow?" Of course not, it would be sunny.

"No, Emmett and I are going camping tomorrow so I won't be in school." For some reason I felt a little disappointed. I wouldn't get to see the beauty named Bella.

"Okay then, bye." Once  I knew she was safe and watched her open the front door, I took off in my car care, tearing through the streets to get home. 

~*~

At the Cullen's place

"Carlisle!" Jasper yelled, knowing that our father figure was home.

"Yes?" Carlisle asked as he appeared. He was still wearing what he wore to the hospital today. His blond hair seemed gold in the sun. As the sun hit him he started to sparkle.

"Bella knows." the little pixie said.

"What?"

"Bella knows we're vampires." Rose said as she came in with Emmett following her.

"Emmett did you tell her?" he asked.

"Me? No, I'm not that stupid." I love how Emmett said that he wasn't THAT stupid and how he didn't say he wasn't stupid.

"What are we going to do?" I asked the family.

"We should invite her over and see how she acts around us. Maybe see if she's worth changing, then decide what to do." Esme said who just appeared next to Carlisle.

"Good idea, but I already tried that. If looks could kill I would probably be dead right now." Alice explained what happened that one day.

"I say we kill her. Get rid of the brat." Rose said as she examined her perfect nails that were painted blood red.

"Why would we do that?" Emmett asked  his wife.

"Because then she wouldn't be our problem anymore."

"Don't be so heartless!" Esme exclaimed, shocked at Rose's comment. I bet she didn't like Bella because she was prettier than Rose. "I still say that we should try to bring her over." Esme paused. "Before the Volturi find her."

There was a heavy quiet in the room before I finally spoke. "Well then I'll ask her sometime." I said.

"Ask her about next week on Friday. She'll say yes." The all seeing Alice said.

"Okay."

As we went to do our own thing I heard Rose mumble, "I don't see why we just can't kill her."