Men, Horses and Fighting

• Dedicated to My Mom (LorLor)

I have editied this from the original story, so it's improved :)

Hope you like it (:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 5 - Men, Horses and Fighting

BPOV

A few days later, after finding out about the blond, I went outside. Katherine was sitting on a picnic blanket with my brother, Stefan. Father was away for business, so they could do anything they wanted.

Stefan was supposed to take me and my horse to a secret path that he knew about. But I guess he's too busy.

I ran to the stables to find Damon brushing his black stallion, Shadow. I walked over to Bello. Her name means beautiful in Italian.

She was a 16 hand high, bay Arabian. He black mane and tail were long and thick. She had soft, brown eyes, and when you looked into them it felt like she was talking to you.

"Damon, do you think I could have some time with Bello?" My horse was my best friend. I could tell her everything and she was a good listener. He nodded, his long hair falling in his face, before leaving.

"Hey there," I said, then I started to brush her mane. "A lot of things have been going on…" I explained to her what was happening, about Stefan's strange behavior and how Damon has changed. At one point I felt drowsy but I stayed awake. Then about Katherine. As soon as I said her name, the stable doors opened and in came the one, the only, Katherine.

The horses were unsteady and Bello started to struggle. She pawed at the ground and snorted. With one look from Katherine, they all clamed down.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"Oh nothing, I was just looking for Damon," the blond replied.

"You just missed him. Hey weren't you just out there with Stefan?" She just smiled at me.

"Is there something wrong for wanting to talk to him?" The corners of her mouth turned up into a devious grin. "No? I didn't think so." She turned and walked out, that smile still on her face.

"Ugh!" I cried and slumped against the wall. There was times when she could just be so... so 'Damon-ish'.

I went into the small tack room and took out Bello's saddle and bridle. I was cinching her girth when a familiar voice cut through my cheerful whistling. "What do you want, Katherine?" I demanded, turning to face her.

She looked taken back. "I only wanted to come talk to you..." And with that she burst into tears.

"What is it?" I asked as walked out of the stall.

"It's your brothers. You've been in here all night, and now they're fighting," she said. I noticed that she didn't have her necklace on.

"What?!" I hissed as I picked up my skirts and ran out of the stables. The sun was rising, and there were flashes of silver. I looked in the direction that the flashes were coming from and saw my brothers fighting.

"You killed her!" I heard one shout.

"DAMON! STEFAN!" I yelled as I ran towards them, but someone caught me.

"Don't get between them," I heard my father say. "You wouldn't want to accidentally get killed." Slowly I nodded, then he started yelling at both my brother's to stop.

"She's dead! Because of YOU!" the other yelled. That's when I noticed Katherine was nowhere to be found.

And who were they talking about? Who did they kill?

I watched as they fought, until Damon stabbed Stefan in the heart with his sword. "I win," he said. I was in shock, but also relived.

Is it wrong to feel relived when your brother killed your other brother? I was relived because Damon wasn't hurt and at the moment he was still alive, but I spoke to soon.

With the last of his strength, Stefan was able to stab Damon. My eldest brother was falling down to the ground, with the word impaled in his stomach and I knew then my world would be turned upside down.

"NO!" I screamed, my heart shattering at the sight. When both swords were settled on the ground Father let me go and I went running over to them, my brothers.

While Father stood calmly I directed my attention to Damon, he was the one who I couldn't stand losing, he was my best friend and he practically raised me. I pounded on chest when he stopped breathing and sobbed, "Why? Damon, why? You promised me you would always be here for me!" Tears fell from my eyes and started to soak his bloodstained shirt.

I stayed there as long as I could, holding onto the vessel which once held my brother' soul.

When night came someone had to pry me off of him.