5 Years Later

Chapter 38 - 5 Years Later

When I first met Rosa, that was back in 2005 and she was 4 years old. Five years have past, and she's 5 years older. Making me 5 years older too, but it doesn't really affect me that much. I still have no idea how old I am, I don't really pay attention to my age, because time flies.

"Momma." Rosa came running over to me.

"Yes, my white rose?"

"Why don't you age?" She is observant isn't she? "And you're always dinking that stuff." She pointed to my wine glass that was filled with red liquid and blood. "What are you?"

I took a deep breath, getting ready to lie to her, but I just couldn't do it. The old me could, but the new me couldn't. I've changed in ways I never thought I would, and I think I'm a better person. But I still feed off people, I just don't kill them anymore, unless I have to. And now if I lied to her, I don't think I could live with that on my conscious.

"Rosa, it's time you know." I took a deep breath. "I'm a vampire."

"Like those people on TV with sharp teeth, and drink blood?" I nodded. "Can I see your fangs?"

With that said I let my teeth grow. My teeth sharpened to a pin point, they were long too. My eyes became cat like. With this form, came the thirst. Which is the curse of a vampire. I had to fight the urge to drain my dear Rosa. Instead of being scared, the little girl that trusted me with her life, looked at me in awe.

Meanwhile

EDPOV

I never thought I could hate the one who had made me love for the first time. But looking back on it now, she had never shown me any love. It's been five years after anyone's seen or heard from her. Except me.

No, I don't stalk her. I have someone else do that for me. And now she's living in Italy with her niece who is unbelievably beautiful and knows that Bella drinks blood. Can you tell where I'm going with this?

Bella was going to pay for what she did to me. I was going to tell the Volturi about her ruthless killings, sharing her identity with a human girl and finally that she had changed that girl into and immortal child.