The Cullens

Chapter 22 - The Cullens

No need to panic, I was only invited over to meet the whole Cullen family, even though you met them before. Does this mean they think that Edward and I are dating? No, I would never. Would I? I'm not really sure.

Listen to me! I'm starting to sound human!  Just get this over with!

I was in a hot steaming shower as I thought this over. When I got out I put on a blue tank top and a skirt. It was a high-wasted silver mini skirt. Along with matching high heels. Today I look my chances and left my hair to dry on it's own. Thankfully it turned out wavy in natural wavy style that l really liked. Adding some light make-up did the trick, making my natural beauty stand out.

Why did I dress up? Well this wasn't so much as dressing up for me. I remember when women had to wear those puffy dresses. And I wanted to make a good first, well second, impression.

Walking outside I was thinking about ways to destroy my old truck. I heard a car coming towards me. I looked up to see a silver Volvo and Edward getting out of it. "You look amazing." I always do.

"Thanks."

I walked over to the side of the car and in a flash Edward opened it for me. I sat down and as soon as he closed the door, it started to rain. By the time he got in the car he was soaking wet.

I smiled, all because I caused it to rain. So I was the one who soaked Edward (hehe). Soon we were off. Zooming down the road, heading out of town.

We passed over the bridge at the Calawah River, the road winding northward, the houses flashing by us growing farther apart, getting bigger. And then we were past the houses altogether, driving through a misty forest to a human. I could see perfectly, memorizing the way to get their home incase I need it in the future. He turned abruptly onto an unpaved road that was unmarked. The forest encroached on both sides, leaving the road ahead only discernible for a few meters as it twisted, serpent like, around the ancient trees. There was a bunch of trees, and a human wouldn't be able to see. If I could see through them, then Edward would be able to too.

After a few miles, the trees started to thin out, and suddenly we were in a small meadow. Well actually a lawn. Trees surrounded the clearing, their shadows shaded an entire acre with their vast branches.

The house was timeless, graceful, and probably 100 years old. Painted a soft, faded white, rectangular and well proportioned. The windows and doors were either part of the original structure or perfect, amazing restoration.

I smiled when I saw it, it just felt right. As if I was meant to be here right now, like I was headed in the right direction of life. I got out and looked around the whole clearing.

"Like it?" Edward asked. I almost forgot he was there.

"It has a certain…charm." I remember staying in a house like this.

"C'mon. Come meet my family."

"Like I already don't know them." I mumbled.

Inside was very bright, very open, and very large. There must have been originally several rooms. The south side of the house was replaced with glass. You could see trees and I could see a pond beyond them. To the side of the room was a massive staircase.

Waiting to greet us was none other than Dr. and Mrs. Cullen. Behind them was a grand piano.

I've already seen Dr. Cullen so I won't describe him to you again. At his side was Esme. She was very beautiful, but not as beautiful as me. She had the same pale good looks like the rest of them. Something about her heart-shaped face, her caramel-colored hair, reminded me of the silent-movie era. "Carlisle, Esme," Edward's voice broke the short silence, "this is Bella."