Surprise

Chapter 37 - Surprise

A few days passed, and still no sign of Rosa's parents. I wonder if they abandoned her. Of course I played with her, she's just too cute. And no I never fed off her. I couldn't do that, she trusts me.

I was making spaghetti when I got the phone call. Rosa was still napping, so I knew she wasn't playing with the phone like she always does. I decided to answer it, after all it could be important.

"Hello?"

"Isabella Salvatore." a voice stated.

"Yes."

"Meet me outside." Then that person hung up.

I turned off the stove, so I wouldn't burn the house down, and checked on Rosa. She was sound asleep off in her own world. Then I checked to see that I had my ring and my necklace on, I wouldn't want to turn to ash, before walking out of the house.

"Isabella." A women appeared. She looked familiar somehow. With long black hair and blue cat eyes. She looks just like Rosalba. "I see you have spared my daughter." I knew it! "You can keep her."

"What?" I asked stunned. Who would ever want to give up their child?

"You heard me, she's yours."

"Why?"

"Because her father is…gone." The women chose her words wisely. "And I need my freedom. Here's all the information you need to know." She handed me a vanilla folder. I flipped threw it and sure enough it was all about the little girl. When I looked up to question the women once again, she was gone.

I finished making the pasta and moved onto making the homemade sauce. I took my time reading as I waited for Rosa to wake up and the sauce to be finished. The first page in the folder completly threw me off guard and if I was human I might have had a heart attack.

~*~

Name: Rosalba Salvatore

Date Of birth: December 25, 2001 (In the story it is 2005)

Parent's names: Isobel Volturi (Human descendent of Aro Volturi) and Damon Salvatore

~*~

Wait…Damon is a father? He never told me. Well then again he didn't know I was alive, until a few weeks ago..

So in 2001, where was I? I was in Las Vegas killing off some of the vampire hunter population. And Rosa was born. Strangely, looking at my little niece, the thought of killing revolted me.

Once Rosa ate, we played for a bit.

Out of no where she asked me a question. "Are you my new mommy?" She looked at me with wide innocent eyes. She was so innocent and trusted me completely. How could she be related to my brother? And how could I tell her no?

"Yes, for now." Right then and there, in my house from when I was human, I actually had a real family (even though there was only me and Rosa) again. And nothing would tear us apart.