Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"She called you," Nia said. "She" was of course, Khadijah.

I went to the bedroom to get my phone and then came back. Sure enough, I had 4 missed calls and 2 messages from Dijah.

Where are you? -Khadijah, 6:46 pm.

Can you reply just so I know that you're okay -Khadijah, 7:02 pm.

I didn't feel like talking to her so I clicked the screen off and put my phone down.

"When are you gonna tell her?" Nia questioned.

I threw my head back which was followed with a loud groan. She asks this every single time. Why the fuck doesn't she understand that this is supposed to be a secret? I'm not telling Khadijah shit. Then again, I didn't want to risk having Nia tell Khadijah herself.

"I'll tell her one day, alright? Just not now," I replied.

"Why not now?"

"Because I said so," I snapped.

We were both silent for a moment.

"I don't even know why you're with her. You're obviously not happy," Nia said.

"Yes I am," I not so confidently responded.

There was some truth to what Nia was saying. I wasn't all that happy.

"No, you're not. If you were happy, you wouldn't be here with me right now. Y'know she's gonna find out one day, right? You might as well just be honest with her."

"Why you even want me to tell her so bad? You got a boyfriend, remember. Telling Khadijah is gon' ruin my relationship and yours."

"I don't even know why I'm with Carter. I don't feel like I love him anymore," She muttered.

"Don't tell me you caught feelings," I exclaimed.

"Kinda," Nia said.

I had no type of feelings for Nia. It was casual sex. Nothing more than that.

"And I know we could've been a great couple if you hadn't moved her out here," Nia bitterly ranted. "I still don't understand why you did that. She ruined everything."

I was glad to hear a knock on the front door. I got up and paid for the food before handing it to Nia.

"Chris, you really need to tell her about us before I do," Nia threatened.

"Alright, I will. Just gimme a few days."

The stress of potentially having my side hoe mess my relationship made me tired. When the food was all gone, I fell asleep. I woke up at 7 in the morning. This was the latest I've ever stayed out. The 12 missed calls I had from Khadijah let me know that she was pissed. Since, Nia still sleeping, I left myself out but I didn't go home just yet. I decided to make it up to Khadijah with some jewelry. I drove to the closest Cartier store. While there, I bought Dijah 3 pink gold LOVE bangles. She was awake when I finally got home.

"Good morning baby," I smiled at her.
All I got back was a mean mug.

"I'm so tired of you always leaving," Khadijah spat.

"I got you something," I tried to change the subject. I hand her the small, red boxes. When she same the brand, her eyes widened a little. When she opened it, her mouth fell open.

"Oh my god, Chris. These are gorgeous," She cried. She put the bracelets on and immediately started hand modeling. Suddenly, the smile dropped off her face.

"Why'd you buy this?" She inquired.

"I wanted to get you something nice," I replied.

"I'm not gonna forgive you just because you bought these." Khadijah took off the bracelets and handed them back to me. "I don't want jewelry. I want a happy relationship."

I wasn't surprised to hear that Khadijah wasn't happy either. To be honest, if we weren't living together I'm pretty sure we would've broken up by now.

"Maybe we should try couples therapy," Khadijah suggested.

"No," I said firmly. "I don't need a stranger all up in my business."

"So, let's try to fix the problem ourselves. Why are you unhappy? Why do you leave every single night?" She questioned.

I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. I had no idea what to say. I was not about to admit to cheating. Living with my ex-girlfriend sounds like a nightmare. Nia's threat of telling Khadijah creeped into my mind. That worried me greatly. Right now, I was really stuck between a rock and a hard place. I really didn't want to tell Dijah but maybe that was the best option.

-----
Hey everyone! I apologize for not updating last week. I had the flu which completely killed all my motivation.

Do you think it's best for Chris to tell Khadijah or keep it a secret?

Don't forget to comment and vote. I hope you liked the chapter. -Khadijah