Jax stared down at the somewhat timid woman before him, peering up at him with her evergreen eyes. She had her bottom lip in-between her teeth and he knew if she kept it there any longer they would split the plump lip. His fingernails mimicked her teeth as his nails were on the brink of breaking skin as he clutched his hands in his fists.

He really wanted a fucking cigarette. But when he saw her first, he became completely distracted and it made him abandon why he was at the store in the first place this late at night.

He looked her over and over, her hair was long and blonde and was naturally wavy, but at this moment she had it confined in a sloppy bun. Jax hated to admit that he itched to pull the hair from its confinement imagining how smooth and silky it would be between his fingers. Her wide green eyes were surrounded by thick dark eyelashes. She was remarkably small, height-wise; her head barely reached his chin. At best she probably reached the end of his neck depending on her shoes.

He had the urge to lean against his bike that was conveniently parked next to her black Jeep. He knew he would topple over with the bike with this revelation making his heart pump faster than it ever did before.

Her name was Delilah Carmine and he had fucked her in his dorm room at the clubhouse.

The dangerous price that came with being an outlaw biker had its perks. They came in the form of money, women, and sex. But staring at Delilah he clearly saw how lethal women could be as well.

Despite the countless women that passed since that night in his dorm, Jax remembered everything. It wasn't just because of the angry red lines that decorated his back the following day, outlining the reaper tattoo that earned him taunts from his fellow brothers, who were clueless as to who was the creator of the marks.

Jax could admit he had been with many women before. He was sure he slept with hundreds of women and he could easily exaggerate he probably slept with half the women in Charming or the equivalent. He wasn't even trying to brag. It was a simple fact, especially since he was the Vice President of a motorcycle club. With that title, women flocked to him like fish on a baited hook.

Despite his popularity, he suspected he wasn't on her radar until that night.

He knew Delilah before that night, or Deli, as he used to call her when they were younger. She grew up in Charming just like him. She was the sister of one of his best friends, who happened to be a member of the club. He wished he could say that it was the first and only time they fucked.

Delilah and her brother, Phillip, who went by Lip, were raised around the club. They were raised by their Uncle Donovan, who owned the local boxing gym, who was a best friend of his dad and Piney. Donovan took over as caretaker considering their parents' tragic story.

Their dad was reported missing and presumed dead, as the body or his whereabouts were never found. Afterward their mom, Lily, was so crestfallen with grief that she turned to drugs that were so readily available in her line of work at Cara Cara. That was when Donovan stepped in to raise them, but it wasn't as if he was an ideal guardian himself, he had a problem with the bottle, but he was a self-proclaimed "functioning alcoholic."

He knew Delilah was a shy and quiet girl and kept to herself, but she excelled at school and sports, and that drew attention from boys all around. He could still remember Donovan claiming he had to clean his shotguns and cool it on the drinks because he didn't want any slow reflexes when it came to scaring away all the boys. Lip was the same before he became distracted by Fawn.

Jax didn't say anything at the time to not feel like a Chester or a cradle robber, but Delilah was a beautiful woman. In his opinion, the small school girl who wore barrettes and briefly had braces transformed into a fucking vixen. He could say that the few times she had to come to pick up her uncle and brother from the clubhouse after too many shots of tequila with Piney he admired her ass and toned legs. Although he quickly berated himself for even entertaining those thoughts.