Chapter 10- "Totally selfie bombed you''

We meet again Cappuccinos

I hope you like it

Clearly uneditied

And...Leggo.

Claris Jacobsen

It wasn't long before I was thanking God it was Friday. It had been a long energy-draining school week and heaven was being sprawled on my couch watching re-runs of The Big Bang theory whilst scoffing down on a warm bowl of buttery popcorn that rested on my stomach.

The scores were finally settled between Ethan and I, it was an unspoken decision both of us made after the cupcake'o'car makeover Addy ingeniously devised. It would be a while before either of us ignited an old flame but even then I was still going to remain wary of Ethan.

I was taking the walk to freedom down the hallway when Addy suddenly materialized out of thin air and was walking by my side. It startled me slightly when she appeared by my side but nonetheless I greeted my best-friend and we walked down the hallway together.

"Hey best friend, can I ask you something?" Addy sounded really animated. She reminded me of Daffy duck on Looney tunes. I couldn't help but feel a slither of suspicion.

"Okay?"

She cleared her throat. "Willyoucomewithustoapartytonight?"

I halted as my mind tried to process a long slew of words.

"What?"

"Look there's a party- more like a rave in fact-that's going on tonight and everybody's going to be there, even me, Cayden and Abi. Claris could you please just come?"

"No" I answered simply.

Addy looked like she was going to burst into tears. "Why not, Claris? You haven't been to a party in two years? Your sixteen don't you wanna have some fun?"

The last time I went to a party was when I was fourteen and still had the 'I'm the baddest bitch' gene, ever since I went on my hiatus from my party life Addy has been on a persistent endeavor to get me going out more. I prided myself on being a socialite, after all that was what secondary school was all about; socializing and getting to know as many people from neighboring schools as possible. But then Rick and Eric came along, and Mum got worse. I could no longer leave Tasia- who was four at the time- in the care of mum and after Rick... did what he did to me, I couldn't face people anymore. I felt like everyone knew my dirty sin; I thought everybody looked saw me how I saw myself, worthless.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Addy, I can't".

I stepped beside her and continued my walk down the hallway. Alone.

-The-Not-So-Quite-Love-Story-Story-

I was finally in heaven. I had put for Tasia The Little Mermaid to keep her distracted whilst I was downstairs lazily slumped on my couch watching re-runs of The Big Bang Theory and eating warm buttery popcorn.

The door bell suddenly rang in heaven and I groaned as I had to remove myself from my extremely comfortable positions. I carefully checked at the window incase it was those annoying door-to-door salesmen trying to promote their company product or Jehovah witnesses.

I came to the door and opened it. It was Addy and Abi, minus Cayden.

I huffed in slight irritation. "If your coming to make me change my mind, then you've guys have sadly had a really wasted journey"

Addy took a step from my porch into my house, and so did Abi.

"Whatever fear you have about going to this party, is going to have to be pushed aside. Life is too fucking short Claris and in a couple of years we're gonna be off to College or Uni and we may never see each-other again. We only have one year left together and I don't know about you but I wanna spend it partying hard, and getting wasted with my best-friends. So just please come, for our sake"