Time to Go

Sasuke jabbed a finger into Naruto's chest. "Now it's your turn," he said. "Tell me who hurt you."

Naruto hesitated. "You won't...hurt them, right?" He whispered.

Sasuke was shocked. After they had hurt him enough to almost kill him, he still didn't want to hurt him? How naive was this kid? "Don't worry," he fibbed. "As long as they don't do anything ever again, I won't hurt them."

Naruto, however, seemed to fall for his obvious lie. "Okay," he said, smiling. "It was my classmates."

"Which school?" Sasuke asked, putting curiousity into his tone instead of hate.

"Um..." Naruto hesitated. For some reason, he had a hunch not to give Sasuke the name of his school. As if he did, Sasuke would do something terrible to the people he once went to school with.

Sasuke stared at him for a moment longer, but then leaned back in his chair and smiled. "If you don't want to tell me, that's okay," he said gently. "I don't want to invade your privacy."

Naruto should've felt relieved that Sasuke decided not to press on the matter any further.

So why did he feel guilty instead?

-

Sasuke's fingers brushed the strings of the little guitar that he had brought with him from home, singing along softly in a low voice. Naruto was laying in Sasuke's bed, something that for some reason got the brunette excited, since Sasuke had insisted that the blonde lay on an actual bed instead of sleeping on the couch as he once did. The blonde's blue eyes were slowly drifting closed, but Sasuke had a feeling that if he stopped playing and singing, the blonde wouldn't fall asleep in time.

Sasuke neared the last few lyrics of the lullaby that his mother had sang him before his brother had killed his clan. He hoped that the blonde would fall asleep soon.

Because he had to put his plan into action.

He planned to leave, as soon as the other was asleep, so that he could sneak out to the village and find out where the other went to school. Although, that most likely wouldn't be that hard, since there was only one elementary school in the entire village.

Sasuke struck the last chord just as the blonde closed his eyes and he dragged out the last couple of words just to make sure. When the brunette then set the guitar down with a slightly loud thunk, the blonde did not stir.

He smiled in triumph.

All right.

Time to go.