Just Like A Ninja

Uchiha Sasuke yawned as he got up. His eyes adjusted to the brightness of the sun as it shone through his golden roof. He stretched and got out of his bed, walking to his kitchen to get some food.

His large T-shirt looked like a dress on the boy's frame, and his hair was messier than a usual bed-head. Sasuke looked inside his refrigerator and picked out some cheese slices, a beef patty and tomatoes. He got out some sandwich bread and sliced the tomatoes up before putting the cheese, beef and tomatoes inside the bread slices. He then set the sandwich inside his microwave for it to warm up.

Sasuke leaned on a chair and waited for the beeping. His stomach grumbled with hunger and Sasuke leaned back, sighing.

His normal daily life was beginning to get very boring. It consisted of going out to find food in a disguise, shopping in a disguise, and avoiding all contact with Konohans.

He had run away from home since someone had killed his entire family, and he had been living in hiding ever since.

Sasuke's current house was half rock wall, and the other half was a human umbrella. The umbrella had been abandoned by some human who ran away from a bear and dropped it. Sasuke had rolled it over to the rock ledge, filled up the empty spaces with flat stones and leaves and made his shelter there after running away from home secretly.

Just like a ninja.

The microwave beeped and Sasuke reached up to take his sandwich, going up on the his tip-toes. He sat down at his table, and took a large bite. The cheese had melted over the beef and tomatoes and the beef had warmed up quite nicely. Sasuke sighed in delight and swallowed, scarfing his sandwich down quickly. After he ate, he would have to go shopping again, seeing as he used up his rations already.

And it had only been three days since he went shopping.

Where would he get the money to buy all of his rations anyway? Should he have to pickpocket someone again, or would he have to shoplift the food?

What a pain. He was already being chased for leaving his home, and if he got caught for shoplifting, he would maybe have to stay in jail for the rest of his life. What a pain. Sasuke placed his plate in the sink and took a peek outside to check the weather.

The clouds were gray and there were some that were darker than others. That meant that a large storm was coming. Sasuke took preparations for rain as he disguised himself. He pulled a brown-colored wig over his black hair and pulled on a raincoat over his shopping clothes. He took a yellow umbrella, one modeled after the one that made three-quarters of his home and shelter.

And then Sasuke left his home, disguised as a brown headed boy. Hopefully, the children wouldn't have school so that he wouldn't get caught by anyone. Should he wear long pants and wear stilts to appear taller and a bit older?

If needed, Sasuke would change. He decided to just bring the stilts and pants along anyway.

-

Sasuke almost threw up in his mouth when he saw the security guard standing at the door of the supermarket. How was he supposed to get in now, especially since he had no ID and no guardian? There was no way he was going to ask a stranger to play along with him as a parent or guardian.

He then spotted the side door and snuck in while trying not to be spotted.

Just like a ninja.

Sasuke straightened as he was finally inside the supermarket and went to go get the things on his grocery list.

Fortunately, it did not take much time.

Unfortunately, Uchiha Sasuke had not thought of a plan to get out of the supermarket. And he certainly could not go back out the side door again, because to get there, you must go through the kitchen.

Sasuke went anyway, undetected.

Just like a ninja.

He was on his way home when the rain started. Sasuke sighed, pulled out his umbrella and opened it. He then shoved his groceries under is coat for good measure. The rain was hard and beat down on the boy's umbrella.

Sasuke shivered. He wanted to get home soon. He stepped gently on the ground, carefully watching his step. He did not want to trip and break his food. He could not risk another trip to the supermarket.

Sasuke continued on his way home, but then he heard something strange.

Like...

Sniffling.

Crying?

Sasuke frowned in confusion and looked around. He pulled his hood over his head and tried to listen again. The crying was coming from somewhere near his home.

He walked towards the sound as quietly as he could, and then he saw part of yellow fabric.

Fabric?

Sasuke went closer and saw a small blonde child around his age, shivering and drenched from the cold rain. Since it was raining, he could not tell whether the rain on his cheeks was tears or water droplets.

Sasuke kept hidden, but he made sure he could see the boy while he did not see him. He suddenly felt very sad and a wave of pity washed over him.

Sasuke took a deep breath, walked up to the boy, and held the umbrella out to him. He then said, "Hey, what are you doing outside?"