Fed Up

Naruto's alarm went off, and the small boy opened his eyes miserably as he hit the button to make it turn off. Reluctantly, he got out from under the covers and glanced outside his little tree stump house in which he lived alone.

The sun streamed inside from the little doorway and holes in the bark which Naruto called "windows." Naruto gently ran his fingers over his left eye, which had been bruised the day before. The skin had swelled up during the night and when Naruto held his fingers a fraction of one of his tiny fingers away from his eye, the skin touched it.

Naruto sniffled and resisted letting tears out. He couldn't cry now. He had to go to school.

He glanced outside the doorway again. The sun was out, so that meant that it might be cloudy later. But here in Konoha, it did not rain that much, so Naruto dismissed the idea of bringing a raincoat. He instead slipped on his school clothes, and a yellow jacket with a hood. The coat had a waterproof cover so even if it did rain, he would be safe.

He put on his regular orange boots in which he wore everywhere, grabbed his school bag and trudged off. Naruto closed his little bark scrap door and locked it with a vine before heading off to the school which he dreaded.

<•><•><•>

Naruto ate his lunch in the bathroom as usual, eating his favorite cup ramen. He was carefully trying not to slurp the noodles and soup, so as to not attract attention.

During lunch, everyone was always looking for Naruto. They wanted to throw food at him.

Sai frowned. "Where is that disgusting blondie?" he growled.

Kiba paced the grounds, holding a tomato in one hand and a rock in the other. "I was hoping on nailing him in the head with this," he muttered, holding up the rock. "But since we can't find him, we just have to wait until we see him next."

Sakura frowned. "But Kiba!" she began. "What if you get caught by the teachers?"

"It's worth it."

<•><•><•>

Naruto crept out of the bathroom when lunch was over, looking around fearfully. He was shaking with terror and his knees were knocking together.

He didn't want to be found.

He didn't want to get hit.

He didn't want to get bullied.

He didn't want to go to school.

Naruto dashed towards his classroom, hoping to get across the hall before he got found by his "classmates."

But it was too late.

"Hey! You ugly blonde!"

Naruto's chest clenched in fear and he turned, still shaking but more severely.

Please.

Someone.

Someone please help me.

Kiba walked towards him, tossing a sharp edged rock up into the air and catching it over and over again. His band of disciples followed him. "Hey, he said, an evil smile stretching over his face. "How you doing?"

"G-Good," Naruto managed to get out but it ended up as a whisper.

"So where were you at lunch?" Kiba said, tossing the rock from one hand to another. "We would've invited you to come eat with us."

He shook even harder.

Kiba's smile disappeared. "Huh?! No answer?! You blonde dunce, why are you even here?!" Kiba coiled up with the rock in hand as if to pitch a baseball, and then Naruto thought: