Close Relationship

Naruto opened his eyes and yawned, his eyes still drooping with sleep. He felt very cold, however, and he didn't know why.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes. What happened? Why was it so cold? He searched the bed he was laying on for a sign of warmth.

None.

Naruto frowned and swung his legs over the side of the bed.

Where was Sasuke?

Wasn't he supposed to be here?

Or perhaps he wasn't sleeping in the bed because of Naruto? Ah, then it was Naruto's fault the bed was cold. He slid off the bed, wincing as his feet touched the cold ground and he looked around, with a candle as his only light.

Nothing looked touched, or moved. Nothing seemed out of place, so Naruto most likely had nothing to fear. He walked out of Sasuke's room and into the main room, still looking for Sasuke. He didn't like being alone, even though he had been alone for most of his life. After the few times that Naruto had spent with Sasuke, it appeared that he had gotten used to his presence, and now he felt unsettled that he couldn't find the black haired boy.

It seemed that he didn't want to be alone, without him.

Naruto walked into the kitchen and pulled a glass out of the cabinet. He poured himself some water and drank it, hoping the coolness of the liquid would help his scratchy throat.

Where in the world was Sasuke?

Since Naruto had taken over his bed, Sasuke should've been sleeping in the main room, on the couch. But Naruto didn't see him.

Was he in the bathroom?

Naruto gently placed the empty glass on the table and glanced at the bathroom door to see if there was any light coming from there.

Nothing.

Naruto frowned. Where in the world was his friend? Where was he? And where would he go at this time of night? Naruto peered out of the window, a bit nervous that it was still dark. But he could see that there were a few streaks of light coming, which meant that sunrise was coming soon.

Did Sasuke go for a walk?

Naruto walked back to his room. He plopped down on the bed, looking around his room. Since Sasuke was always in here whenever Naruto was, he never had a chance to actually explore his room.

Sasuke didn't exactly have a desk or anywhere he sat at, because he said "Since I have my bed, I'll just do my work on my bed. There's no need for a desk." So due to this, Sasuke didn't have a place to put all his paperwork, and even if he did, Naruto didn't know where it was. Naruto turned his attention to Sasuke's dresser. There were a few picture frames on it, but Naruto had never actually paid close attention to it, because Sasuke might've thought he was staring.

He stood, wide awake now and couldn't go back to sleep, and approached the dresser, picking up one of the frames.

The first frame was of a young Sasuke, who was hugging another person, an older man. He looked a bit similar to Sasuke, and he had long black hair. The two in the picture were smiling and having fun.

Naruto felt a bit jealous.

Was the man in the picture, perhaps, Sasuke's father? Or older brother?

Nevertheless, Naruto didn't know what a family felt like. He never had one, not even friends, so of course he didn't know how to feel if he had a close relationship with someone like that.

The closest relationship Naruto had ever had was with...

That's right.

His relationship with Sasuke right now.

He had never talked with someone so much, nor had anyone talk back to him this much. He had "fun," if that is what you would call it, with Sasuke, and Sasuke was the only one he had ever met in his life that hadn't made fun of Naruto because of his hair color.

Sasuke was the only one who had ever stayed by his side this long.

And for that, he was grateful.

Naruto placed the picture frame back on the dresser.

He shouldn't be poking into Sasuke's private things, such as Sasuke hadn't to him.