Chapter 50

~~~~ 11 years later ~~~~

Emer's POV:

After Macey's death, things got worse. Nathan went into deep depression. The Wanted went to less and less concerts. Things went down hill, quickly. Nathan would drink a lot. Jay and Pepper would do their best to keep me away from him, when my mom and dad couldn't. Max and Cara would take car of him, when he started to get aggressive.

Because they weren't doing as many shows, they all had to get jobs. Siva got a job, modeling. Dad became a music editor. Max went to coaching college football teams. Jay got a radio show. Cara continued with motivational speaking. Pepper became an opera singer. Nareesha kept her job, as a shoe designer. Mom and I would stay home with my baby brother.

I went to school, for a while, but it didn't work out. The girls would bully me, because I was the daughter of The Wanted. So my mom homeschooled me. I thought that it was fun. Sometimes I would go work with my 'uncles', when Nathan was having a bad day.

One night, he hit Cara, with a liquor bottle, across the face. He did it and it broke in her face. That was his wake up call. I saw Cara run to the bathroom and I went in, with her. I had to help get the glass out of the right side of her face.

After that, he shaped up. He never really forgave himself for it. I know that Cara didn't blame him. she claims that she had provoked him. Her face ended up scarring from it. Nathan did his best to make it up to her.

Once Nathan started to clean up, things started to get better. He started writing songs. Finally, once they had enough, The Wanted came back. They played their own instruments. Jay had the drums, Dad had the lead guitar, Max had the bass, Siva was the back up guitar, and Nathan took care of the keyboards and piano. My dad was really excited for it. They released their album and there was a great response from it. Before they knew it, they started to get gigs.

My teenage years were hard. I never really got a boyfriend. I would get my picture taken, everytime I would go out. It annoyed me a lot. Girls, my age, would either ignore me, or annoy me. I would spend time with girls that were older than me.

I snuck out, a lot. When I was 16, I snuck out and got drunk. Pepper found me near the park. She snuck me in the house. Jay and her helped me sober up. Luckily, I don't look like Dad or Mom, so I am less recognized. Anthony looks like the male version of Mom, so he gets recognized, everywhere.

Siva and Nareesha moved out of the house, when Nathan was sober. They started their own family and they now have three kids. Max and Cara have four kids, one set of triplets and a little baby, and they live across the street. Jay and Pepper tied the knot, but they don't have any kids. They stayed with Mom, Dad, Anthony, and Nathan, at the old house. I don't see those two leaving any time soon. They like it there.

Since I am now 18, I moved out of the house. I am becoming a paranormal investigator. I got a show with Syfy. I work with me and three other people. Dad thinks that it is stupid, but then again, he was in a boy band. I work at nights, so I sleep most of the day. Because of that, I am pretty pale. I have dark black hair and I am taller than Dad. By taller, I mean, I am the same height as Siva, including the hair. It surprised everyone.

Today I was going to see everyone. I had been in Scotland, researching. I was there for about two weeks. I drove back to the house and there were so many memories that came rushing back. I pulled up to the house and I saw that Siva and Nareesha's car was parked there.

I walked up to the door and entered the house. Everyone came and greeted me. I gave everyone a hug. Everyone looked great. All the guys had a beard, except for Siva. Seev likes to be clean shaved.

"You all look great!" I told them.

"You need to get some sun!" Pepper told me. I looked at her and smiled.