The Vamp's Girl [13]

Start from the beginning

“No, I’m on a mission.” I stated simply, it’s what I’ve been telling everyone. He looked at me curiously and placed a hand on my forehead.

“You’re not with fever. You’re not feeling delirious are you?” I giggled.

“Of course not!” I said brushing his hand away and found him giving me a small smile.

“Then what kind of mission brings you to the library? Missions are fought out there on the field.” He said, nodding his direction towards the window.

“Oh you know so little.” I said with the flick of my hand. Seriously, was it the juice I drank his morning? Perhaps it was the juice…“Not all missions are about fighting.” I simply said twirling past him into the library. He turned to face me placing his books on the table in the corner.

“Do explain.” He carried on, following me as I scanned through the various shelves of books.

“This mission…not only keeps me entertained but serves a good purpose.” I said jumping up to grab a book, I flinched as I pulled more than one down but nothing hit me. When I looked up I saw Knight D had caught the book in his hand skilfully.

“Thanks.” I said picking up the random book, it was written in an odd language so I put it back.

“Well, good luck on your mission.” Knight D said saluting me before collecting his books and walking out and leaving me alone. He knew exactly what I wanted, I didn’t want him to stalk me around the library. This mission was so important to me so I made sure I took measures to whatever awaited me outside the door. I picked out two books from the shelf and smirked to myself.

As I walked out it was just as I expected, Keilor stood there. His eyes caught mine with a raised eyebrow, he stalked over to me and I walked backwards holding a book behind my back.

“You’re so energetic…so full of purpose today…” he said getting closer his hands on the wall beside my face. “So tell me April, what is it that you are up to?” He said leaning in.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked, today was just full of sunshine and rainbows. Yes, I will never in my life drink a green looking juice ever. EVER.

“I’m curious.” I felt his body getting closer to mine, I put one hand up onto his chest again and felt him shudder.

“So you should be.” I countered, I ventured and leaning up onto my toes pressed my forehead against his which must have shocked him a little. I smiled, yes I was getting the hang of this.

“Oh April…” He muttered, his hand reached behind me towards my waist. It moved lower and lower until it disappeared and before I knew it, Keilor was holding the book I was holding behind my back. He pulled away and flicked the cover open and began to read it in question.

“Learning how to court?” He raised his eyes in question as I backed away a little pretending to be embarrassed.

“Well…uh.” I shrugged my shoulders, I turned in a fluid moment and skipped down the hallway.

“You forgot the book…” Keilor said dryly behind.

“Oh I don’t need it. If I was interested in dating someone, I wouldn’t read it from a book. Silly.” I said lifting my shirt to display a simple thin book. I skipped down the hall hearing Keilor’s little chuckle echo after me. That was half of everything, I practically ran the rest of the way back to my room. I got in quickly and locked the door behind me.

“This is going to be perfect.” I whispered jumping onto my bed, where an annoyed Anda growled at me. I ignored him opening the book. ‘Crafting handmade battle clips.’ I read, I flicked the page and began to read on how to make them. It seemed easy enough.