Chapter 36

"Eve! Dinner!" Dad yelled from downstairs.

I guess he was finally ready to talk to me. But I know he'll bring it up at the dinner table since the others don't know.

I got up from my bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I took a seat across from Dad, and next to Uncle Zayn.

We all started eating when everybody was seated at the table.

"What happened to your jaw?" Uncle Zayn asked, grabbing my jaw lightly to tilt it and all.

"I got into a fight." I said. Dad nodded, and sat his drink down.

"So, what exactly happened?" Dad asked. Everybody else was looking at me with wide eyes.

Probably asking themselves why he's not freaking out on me right now.

"Kayla was bullying a girl. I went over to make her stop, but she wouldn't listen, so I pushed her. And it went from there." I said.

I heard them all take a breath of relief. Except Dad and Uncle Harry since they already knew about it.

"Well, I'm happy that you were helping her out. Not so happy about the fight part." Dad said.

I nodded. I didn't want to get in trouble, but I wasn't going to sit there and watch her bring that girl down.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked hesitantly. Dad sighed.

"You would if it was any other reason. I'm proud of you." Dad said, smiling gently.

My jaw dropped, and I dropped my fork on my plate making a loud noise.

I looked around the table to see everybody's expression the same as mine.

"Dad, I think I need to go get your thermometer. You feel a little hot." I said, leaning over and feeling his forehead.

"I'm fine, love. I know what it was like to be bullied, and since I never exactly stood up for myself I always wished someone else would. But look at me now." Dad said, flexing his muscles.

"Put them away." I said, laughing at him.

The rest of dinner went well. We were all laughing at weird things, and just being us.

***

"Wake up." I heard Uncle Zayn say, shaking me a little.

"What?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"You said you wanted to go to the shop today." He said. I nodded and got up, getting ready.

I forgot I asked to go with him. At least I got to sleep in since I'm suspended and not in trouble.

I went downstairs and saw Uncle Zayn there by the door. I grabbed my jacket, and stood by him.

"Ready to go?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Go say bye to your Dad." He said. I went into the kitchen and found Dad there.

"I'm off with Uncle Zayn." I said, giving him a hug.

"Okay, have fun." Dad said. I nodded, and went back win Uncle Zayn.

We walked out the door and to his car. We got in and he immediately turned it in along with the heat.

When we got to the shop we went in for his 12 o'clock appointment.

"Hey." Uncle Zayn said to the guy that just walked in. "Ready to go?"

The guy nodded, and Uncle Zayn directed him back to his tattooing room.

Uncle Zayn came back out and smiled at me.