Chapter 33

"Got any school work you have to do?" Dad asked.

"We have a project we have to do." I said.

"Who's we?" He asked.

"Me, Jack, and Luke." I said. Maybe he would let them come over to do it.

"Hm.. When are you going to do it? And where? Cause I know that you are definitely not going to one of their houses to do it." He said.

"Why not?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Because you and two boys at a house that's not mine will definitely not work out." Dad said.

"I know. Could we go to the park?" I asked.

"Everything would fly everywhere. And it's too cold out." He said.

"There's no other choices." I said, looking at him.

"They could come here." He said. I raised my eyebrows

I was shocked. I couldn't believe that he was willing to have them come over here.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. I could keep an eye on you guys and so could everybody else." Dad said.

"Okay! I'll call them." I said. I ran up to my room and jumped on my bed.

I pulled out my phone and called Luke.

"Hello?" Luke said.

"Hey! Do you want I come to my house and work on the project?" I asked.

"Sure! Text me your address and I'll be there soon." He said.

I said okay, and then hung up. Then I called Jack.

"Yellow." Jack said. I giggled.

"Blue." I said back.

"What's up, love?" He asked.

"Do you want to come over and work on our project?" I asked.

"Will Luke be there?"
He asked. I could hear the protectiveness in his voice.

"Yes." I said, already knowing what he'll do.

"Evelyn. I told you I don't want him at your house." He said, sighing.

"And I'm telling you to deal with it." I said, knowing it would make him mad.

"Evelyn, I don't want hi-"

"Either you're coming, or it's going to be us two working on it." I said. I knew by saying that he'd be here in a heartbeat.

"Whatever. I'm on my way." He said.

Knew it.

I hung up the phone and went to go tell Dad.

"They said they could come." I told him.

"Okay. When they get here, I want you guys working on the kitchen table." He said. I nodded.

In the kitchen, there's two doorways. One to go directly to the kitchen like where the fridge is, and one to go to the dining room part.

Our dining room and kitchen are in the same room. No wall. Just walk that way and you're at the table.

So where we're sitting on the couch, you could see the dining room table from that doorway.

Does that make sense?

Oh well.

"Okay." I said.