Chapter 23

"We're home!" I shouted as Uncle Harry and I walked in the door.

"Hey, how was school?" Dad asked. I sat in the couch next to him, and put my feet on the coffee table.

"It was good." I said. Uncle Zayn came by and put my feet on the ground, and sat by me.

"Don't put your feet on there." He said. I winced as my foot came to the ground.

"You okay?" Uncle Louis asked, noticing me wince.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How was kindergarten?" I asked Uncle Niall to steer the conversation away from my foot.

I know that if Dad found out about my ankle, he would not stop bugging me about it.

So, I'm just going to let it heal for its self. Hopefully that will work well.

"Those kids are brats." Uncle Niall said, shaking his head.

"Awe, but you love kids." I said. He chuckled.

"Yeah. But there's this one kid who thought it would be okay to take his peanut butter and jelly sandwich apart, and rub it in this one girls hair. And my wall. It was a mess." He said, shaking his head.

"Yeah. A sticky mess." I said, giggling at my joke.

"Tell me about it." He said.

My phone buzzed, and I looked down to see a text.

From: It'sMeJackxx

Can we talk?

> There's nothing to talk about.

< There's a lot to talk about.

> Really? Like how you were being an asshole?

< I don't exactly see what I did.

> Your friends made a joke about things you know I take seriously, yet you still laughed.

< You're being over dramatic!

> Whatever. I'm done talking to you.

< No. We're not done talking about this.

< But we are. Goodbye.

> Evelyn! We're never going to get through our problems if you keep running away from them!

< I'm not! You were being a dick, and you were being selfish. You didn't care at all about what I was thinking.

> I don't?! I don't care about your feelings? How about the time when your Uncle was ignoring you? Who was there for you?

< Fuck you.

Whenever I was grounded that whole month, Uncle Zayn was ignoring me for a good portion of it.

*Flashback*

"Uncle Zayn! Come look at this drawing!" I yelled from out art room.

After about 10 minutes, I decided to go look for him.

I walked downstairs and found him in the kitchen at the table with Uncle Louis.

"Did you hear me?" I asked. He stood up and went to the living room. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He's hurt." Uncle Louis said. I looked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He sighed, and locked his phone.